Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Hungry manager over a past it one? Yes please.

Moyes is a well respected manager who players will listen to, especially our youth players. Grayson wouldn't be heard above the likes of Gabby, Richards, hell even Grealish and our senior players would continue doing whatever the heck they want like they did with Lambert, Sherwood and Garde. As much as we would want to simply get rid of the senior players, it's just not going to happen especially in 1 transfer window so we need someone who can come in and control them somewhat which will filter down the ranks until we eventually have something vaguely resembling a professional team

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

What's wrong with Grayson? A couple of seasons ago his Leeds were performing fantastically. Seems quite well rounded too. Not a nutter like Pearson.

Wouldn't be against Moyes, he has lots of experience anyway.

grayson to me isnt big enough a name, simple as that, he's a mid level championship manager, we've got to aim higher in order to stamp out the rot, this nonsense about us going down twice, doing a portsmouth and all that bollocks, appoint moyes or even warburton and i think we've put that kind of talk to bed

I can tell you who it won't be......

any manager that has demonstrated that he can only operate with huge sums of money.

they can safely be ruled out.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Heard talk of Rodgers. I know he's a bit of a knob but he's a great tactician. Thoughts?

Thoughts on whether he is a knob or a great tactician?

I can't multi task.

• Like 2

Dyche - will likely be in PL next year. unlikely. 1/10

Bruce - even though the Mcliesh protests were due tonthe fact he was crap rather than his SHA connections, the board probably won't take a chance. Unlikely. 2/10

Moyes - Someone lerner has apparently courted in the past, out of work, would he drop to the championship?  7/10

Pearson - out of work, got Leicester promoted, would jump at the chance; 8/10

Monk - out of work, difficult to access his time at Swansea. 5/10

Pearce - Man City links, please no. 3/10.

Rogers - Been out of work a long time in football terms, will want to get back soon but is his ego to big for the championship? 3/10

Rowett - See Bruce  3/10

Roy Keane - wants to return to management,  the less said the better. 1/10

So by my scientific workings its a 2 horse race between Moyes and Pearson, with Pearson sadly being the slight  favourite.  

Moyes, Pearson, Clement, Warburton, Rowett?

I don't subscribe to the whole manager needs to be British thing but I can't think of any foreign candidates apart from Mourinho.

Mourinho anyone?

Moyes all the way for me. 

I just hope that the new board have thought this through and that we have someone lined up to take over. I don't even mind if they don't manage the team til this season's done but I'd like it to be announced as soon as possible. 

Difficult one this.  We need a strong character to put the senior players back in their place, but we also have little chance of getting someone who'll get us promoted and then challenging in the PL afterwards. Maybe we'll have to get different manager for each scenario.  None of the names mentioned tick both boxes. 

1 minute ago, coda said:

Why would Moyes join a club which has been in decline for years and has just shat on its manager?

To be honest mate you could say that about any manager. 

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Difficult one this.  We need a strong character to put the senior players back in their place, but we also have little chance of getting someone who'll get us promoted and then challenging in the PL afterwards. Maybe we'll have to get different manager for each scenario.  None of the names mentioned tick both boxes. 

I'm sorry to say again it's Moyseh

2 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Nobody seems to have mentioned Dougie Freedman is unemployed. :unsure:

Go away ;)