Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree.

But when that spills over into calling reporters pricks, strangling players on the opposition team and telling your own fans to "**** off and die", it crosses somewhat of a line.

Can you actually imagine the reaction on here if Garde turned around in the next game and told a Villa fan to **** off and Die?

I mean seriously? I think VT would explode.

Did you know there person Pearson called a prick purposely asked the question to get a rise? This is from the Leicester Mercury from the journo who was in the room and knows the background.

"Last Thursday, during the written press section of the pre-match press conference, Pearson was asked whether that one crucial win could turn the tide of City's season.

Pearson was in a relaxed mood and he smiled as he replied: "Tides do turn you know. It is to do with the moon and the gravitational pull. It is the waxing and the waning."

Harmless enough, you would have thought.

However, the next day several of the red top nationals had seized upon that one quote and The Sun produced a double page spread with a picture of Pearson mocked up so he looked like he was holding the moon with the headline in huge letters beneath 'Lunacy'. It didn't go down well with Pearson."

When Pearson lost it the Sun reporter asking the question about "waxing and the waning" knew very well what what he was doing and it was a dig at him and the article. That's why he he called him a prick. Again, seems fair enough to me.

• Like 1

Just now, babyblue said:

Did you know there person Pearson called a prick purposely asked the question to get a rise? This is from the Leicester Mercury from the journo who was in the room and knows the background.

"Last Thursday, during the written press section of the pre-match press conference, Pearson was asked whether that one crucial win could turn the tide of City's season.

Pearson was in a relaxed mood and he smiled as he replied: "Tides do turn you know. It is to do with the moon and the gravitational pull. It is the waxing and the waning."

Harmless enough, you would have thought.

However, the next day several of the red top nationals had seized upon that one quote and The Sun produced a double page spread with a picture of Pearson mocked up so he looked like he was holding the moon with the headline in huge letters beneath 'Lunacy'. It didn't go down well with Pearson."

When Pearson lost it the Sun reporter asking the question about "waxing and the waning" knew very well what what he was doing and it was a dig at him and the article. That's why he he called him a prick. Again, seems fair enough to me.

Sounds like a sackable offence to me, and Pearson being an utter child, but I guess we see things differently.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

3 - This is an absurd point. Because that one fan might have been being a dick, that gives the manager the right to tell him to **** off and die? The rest of the Leicester fans aren't abusive like that fan was, so why should their manager be telling fans to **** off and die? He represents the club. Have you ever heard other football managers dish out that sort of abuse to their own fans?

I can tell you the bloke was getting shit from a lot of fans around him. Most there cheered when Pearson said it to him.

It wasn't "fans" he had a go at, it was one specific nobber.

That would be right, another manager with so called potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3502832/Aston-Villa-consider-Anderlecht-coach-Besnik-Hasi-Remi-Garde-nears-exit.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa to consider Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi as Remi Garde nears exit

• Aston Villa expected to announce departure of Remi Garde in next 24 hours
  • Albanian Besnik Hasi has emerged as a surprise name under consideration
  • Former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa.

The Premier League basement club are expected to announce the departure of Remi Garde in the next 24 hours and former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates.

Pearson wants a club he will be allowed to develop and grow and Villa fits the bill in many ways but it is not an easy task. There are also potential changes at other clubs which he is maintaining interest in.

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa

+4

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa

Frenchman Remi Garde is expected to leave the Premier League's bottom club in the next 24 hours

+4

Frenchman Remi Garde is expected to leave the Premier League's bottom club in the next 24 hours

Hull's Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis at West Brom are other names in the frame for Villa but Hasi has been proposed to Villa as another coach of great potential.

Hasi, who was at the Manchester derby on Saturday sat alongside City and Belgium captain Vincent Kompany, is only 44 but has quickly established a reputation for developing young players and has shown an ability to cope after some stars were sold on.

A centre-back as a player, Hasi was born in Yugoslavia but went on to represent Albania and won 44 caps.

He began coaching as an assistant at Anderlecht in 2008 and became manager in 2014 and has a 53percent win percentage. 

Anderlecht are third in the Belgian League with some promising youngsters such as Dennis Praet and Youri Tielemans expected to attract big offers from Premier League sides in the summer.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Sounds like a sackable offence to me, and Pearson being an utter child, but I guess we see things differently.

Sackable offence?!? Don't be so wet. Do any other clubs sack their managers when they abuse the press? Please don't make out that Pearson is the only person to snap at them. Fergie has done things way worse than that god knows how many times. The press don't have the balls to take him on though.

Just now, babyblue said:

Sackable offence?!? Don't be so wet. Do any other clubs sack their managers when they abuse the press? Please don't make out that Pearson is the only person to snap at them. Fergie has done things way worse than that god knows how many times. The press don't have the balls to take him on though.

I genuinely don't recall any manager apart from Joe Kinnear calling a reporter a prick (or other names of that sort of abuse) in a press conference, so I'm not sure what the precedent is.

And imo Kinnear should have been sacked for that, too.

• Like 1

Do people really have to try and defend a guy who has tried to choke an opponent and told a fan to "**** off and die" (he derserved it?!)? People make mistakes but I think Pearson has shown on multiple occasions that he's a lunatic and shouldn't be anywhere near our club.

• Like 2

Can't wait untill Pearson gets his own thread (even more excited for it to be closed and moved to other football ). The combination of Next manager / Pearson / Aston Villa makes me even sadder than I already is about the state of our club.

Pearson is not my favoured guy but some of the criticism of him is pretty much a fuss about nothing IMO.

A few harsh words/swearing here and there and a grab at a player who crashed into him ?

So we wouldn't take Clough, Murinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Pardew, etc etc coz they've all done that and more.

And anyway, who's to say he's not a little wiser now ?

FIrst off, we need someone with a bit of steel in their character - no. I'm not saying those negatives = steel, I am going on what I've seen of him overall - and he is one like Moyes, like Grayson, who has that.  Need some knowledge of how to get out the Championship - he has that.

I really don;t think a few guys on their keyboards getting upset if he swore at a Villa fan is something the Board will be weighing up in the calculations - I hope it isn't anyway.

I want the Board to appoint someone who they think will put steel, spirit and toughness into the Team along with tactics and nous.  I don't care whether we win any beauty parades or whether our Manager annoys people or offends their sensibilities.  This Club has got to come back to life very very quickly and we could appoint Lucifer for all I care if it did the trick.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

1 - That's not dishing out what the press dishes out. Reporters don't call managers pricks. 

2 - You know how he feels so that makes it ok?

3 - This is an absurd point. Because that one fan might have been being a dick, that gives the manager the right to tell him to **** off and die? The rest of the Leicester fans aren't abusive like that fan was, so why should their manager be telling fans to **** off and die? He represents the club. Have you ever heard other football managers dish out that sort of abuse to their own fans?

4 - He'd get absolutely crucified. And rightly so.

Stevo Chill.

There is a middle ground between Black and White. I think its called grey. Where to draw the line should never be at a set point (Scale 100<->0) Somewhere within reason.

when people push the balance 1 way then they should be pepared for anything in the opposite direction for to be between 50-100 in other direction.

Hang anyone who over-reacts back more than 1 degree

59 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

That would be right, another manager with so called potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3502832/Aston-Villa-consider-Anderlecht-coach-Besnik-Hasi-Remi-Garde-nears-exit.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa to consider Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi as Remi Garde nears exit

• Aston Villa expected to announce departure of Remi Garde in next 24 hours
  • Albanian Besnik Hasi has emerged as a surprise name under consideration
  • Former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates 

By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Anderlecht coach Besnik Hasi has emerged as one of the surprise names under consideration by Aston Villa.

The Premier League basement club are expected to announce the departure of Remi Garde in the next 24 hours and former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is among the preferred candidates.

Pearson wants a club he will be allowed to develop and grow and Villa fits the bill in many ways but it is not an easy task. There are also potential changes at other clubs which he is maintaining interest in.

+4

+4

Hull's Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis at West Brom are other names in the frame for Villa but Hasi has been proposed to Villa as another coach of great potential.

Hasi, who was at the Manchester derby on Saturday sat alongside City and Belgium captain Vincent Kompany, is only 44 but has quickly established a reputation for developing young players and has shown an ability to cope after some stars were sold on.

A centre-back as a player, Hasi was born in Yugoslavia but went on to represent Albania and won 44 caps.

He began coaching as an assistant at Anderlecht in 2008 and became manager in 2014 and has a 53percent win percentage. 

Anderlecht are third in the Belgian League with some promising youngsters such as Dennis Praet and Youri Tielemans expected to attract big offers from Premier League sides in the summer.

He can **** right off

Throw a bunch of money at Moyes and if that doesn't work, then get Bruce or Pearson. Or hell go for Pulis if West Brom sack him. I don't want some manager with potential. We did that with Lambert, Sherwood, and Remi now. Look where that has gotten us. 

Well we cannot be looking at Besnik Hasi as he isnt English...........

Its got to the point with Villa that I dont care if I like the guy or if he will upset people, I just want someone who will do the bloody job and sort us out. Now for what ever reason Remi hasnt / couldnt so he has to go as he isnt going to get performances out of the squad next season even with 5 or 6 new signings.

Pearson or Bruce or Dyche or Howe, I dont like at least 2 of those but if they get us promoted I would happily sing their names.

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

He is foreign so must be brilliant!!

There is that flip-side to it. But also the line of thought that because we 'experimented' with a foreign manager and it failed, we should never look beyond these shores for a manager again. This reasoning however didn't apply when it came to the string of failed British managers we went through prior.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Isa said:

There is that flip-side to it. But also the line of thought that because we 'experimented' with a foreign manager and it failed, we should never look beyond these shores for a manager again. This reasoning however didn't apply when it came to the string of failed British managers we went through prior.

Exactly. My fear is that the board will needlessly limit themselves to British managers for the next few years (so at least 2 or 3 appointments) and potentially pass up the chance of getting in promising foreign managers.