Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Hughton is building a very promising career and I have strong doubts he would risk that to work for Randy Lerner. 

However, the draw of managing Aston Villa Football Club might still be enough. I think he likes a challenge. 

He'd be right at the top of my list. Under Lerner or anyone. 

• Like 1

The trouble is that we are tacking so f#@*&%g long to do anything now that by the time the takeover is completed ( if there really is one ) the only person left will be the tea lady. 

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Who would inspire you, Rich?

Well there isn't much of a pool to pick from is there,  but my favoured choice has been Gary Rowett to be honest .  Now we will get the usual suspects quoting me and picking holes in him as a choice or picking holes yet again in the reasons why I suggested him some weeks ago.   But I'm not dying in a ditch over him being the best manager possible for us. I just do not rate any of the normal names we have seen linked they are all much of a muchness failed managers but I guess thats the pool we are swimming in

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hughton is a big no thanks

But Rich he is in the same mould as Rowett. why would you take one and not the other? If anything Hughtons done better than rowett this year and at all the clubs he has been at. 

Edited by Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But Rich he is in the same mould as Rowett. why would you take one and not the other? If anything Hughtons done better than rowett this year and at all the clubs he has been at. 

A bit of gut feel a bit of the unknown I guess.  Houghton went to a couple of bigger clubs and didnt last long,  I just feel he has a level he has reached with the likes of,  Norwich,  Brighton etc.  I am not sure he is the manager for medium to long term to create a culture,  style ,  club in his image type thing. I think he is too subservient .  I dont feel that way with Rowett,  but like I say I'm not dying in a ditch over anyone as to be honest if we get taken over the nature of the job changes and I would hope gets a little easier.  If we dont get taken over it doesnt matter as we will still have fukwit lerner pulling the strings

Edited by Richard

41 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hughton is a big no thanks

The guy has been a success in every permanent position he's held.  Norwich was arguably his only "bad" role - he kept them in the Premier League, though.

I have no idea why Hughton would be a "big no".  No idea whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hughtons a fantastic young manager. has had success at all the clubs he has been at. I definitely think he would be interested if we approached him. No idea why we are not even contemplating him, its bizarre yet mccarthy and fistface have been strongly linked. would prefer a rowett or a hughton over dinosaurs like the other two

57 is young :o

Hughton definitely has a ceiling. But it's above where Villa are now.

If he can establish us at his ceiling then I'm all for it.

We need to stop making appointments trying to find a manager for 20 years. 2 or 3 years, then re-evaluate. If that manaher can keep us going then he stays. If not he's moved on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hughton definitely has a ceiling. But it's above where Villa are now.

If he can establish us at his ceiling then I'm all for it.

We need to stop making appointments trying to find a manager for 20 years. 2 or 3 years, then re-evaluate. If that manaher can keep us going then he stays. If not he's moved on.

I don't think they've consciously planned to find a manager for the next 20 years, I don't think there has been a consistent plan at all. 

It's almost like Ellis never left. Who is cheap and gives the impression of having potential. Or French. Or Scottish. Or a gobby clearing in the woods. 

Other than that I agree. Hughton is a mid table Premier League level manager, IMO. How we'd love to be that.