Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Seasons over get a **** move on now so we start on the front foot 

Agree completely Richard, but we could have been on the the front foot six weeks ago.  Needs to get sorted within the next fortnight for sure.  Euro's can be a distraction to managers and players alike and a lot needs to be done. 

I think it'll be manager then takeover, but a very quick gap in between.

... Or the sale falls through, Randy is stuck with us for another season, we're stuck with him, he puts up 10m transfer kitty, gets any available manager, and we go down to league 1. I really am a pessimist. 

With the shambles the club is in,I cant see us getting a decent manager ( who would want to risk his reputation by comming here )

Mc Stupid anyone, or maybe Eric Black should carry on.

Hollis to Pearson:-

"Say Nigel, this takeover thing is taking a smidgen longer than expected - can you wait until a couple of weeks before the season starts"

Pearson

"Sorry Mate I expect to have other offers by then"

Hollis to RDM:-

"Say Roberto, this takeover thing is taking a smidgen longer than expected - can you wait until a couple of weeks before the season starts"

RDM 

"No problem Stevie, its not like any else wants me !" 

This is our opportunity to make the most of a good crisis. We've been relegated to a league that everyone seems to fear, no doubt the physicality will increase, but similarly the standard of talent drops too.

If we're ever going to do it then now is the time to finally build a footballing philosophy at the club. Swansea and Bournemouth have shown that it's possible to get out of that league whilst playing good football. They've also shown that it's possible to stay in the Premier League whilst playing good football and, in Swansea's case, you're able to change your manager on multiple occasions and still continue where the last chap left off.

Think of it as 'the West Ham way'.....but only real.

As much as he's a divisive and abrasive character, I genuinely think that Nigel Pearson put the building blocks in place for Leicester to achieve their amazing success this season. This may be down to the link with Pulis, but I think we can do a lot worse than him here.

People point to Leicester's shit form through the season that saw them bottom, but they were never hammered in all those losses. After all they were a promoted club so it was going to be difficult. Would Leicester have won the title this season with him in charge? Most likely not, but that run of 7 win and a draw out of the last 9 games certainly put them on their way.

The caveat to all this is how much was down to Pearson, and how much down to a managerial team collective? Who assembled that squad? Can he replicate that kind of recruitment again? Who knows, but I have a feeling that if he ends up somewhere like Middlesbrough or Newcastle, he'll do well and we'll be wondering why we didn't snap him up.

22 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

This is our opportunity to make the most of a good crisis. We've been relegated to a league that everyone seems to fear, no doubt the physicality will increase, but similarly the standard of talent drops too.

If we're ever going to do it then now is the time to finally build a footballing philosophy at the club. Swansea and Bournemouth have shown that it's possible to get out of that league whilst playing good football. They've also shown that it's possible to stay in the Premier League whilst playing good football and, in Swansea's case, you're able to change your manager on multiple occasions and still continue where the last chap left off.

Think of it as 'the West Ham way'.....but only real.

As much as he's a divisive and abrasive character, I genuinely think that Nigel Pearson put the building blocks in place for Leicester to achieve their amazing success this season. This may be down to the link with Pulis, but I think we can do a lot worse than him here.

People point to Leicester's shit form through the season that saw them bottom, but they were never hammered in all those losses. After all they were a promoted club so it was going to be difficult. Would Leicester have won the title this season with him in charge? Most likely not, but that run of 7 win and a draw out of the last 9 games certainly put them on their way.

The caveat to all this is how much was down to Pearson, and how much down to a managerial team collective? Who assembled that squad? Can he replicate that kind of recruitment again? Who knows, but I have a feeling that if he ends up somewhere like Middlesbrough or Newcastle, he'll do well and we'll be wondering why we didn't snap him up.

At the very least Pearson was part of team, which restructured the club on and off the pitch. Some of that you can credit his back room staff - but at least he has first hand experience of such a transformation.

That skill set is much more what we need, than the skills that say RDM would bring. 

Its all about opinions, but an appointment of RDM to me would mean a total misunderstanding of the current situation at Villa Park.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Overall, no real idea, but I think Steve Walsh has been accredited with a lot of the recruitment side of things at Leicester.  Certainly for "unearthing" Mahrez and Kante.

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Overall, no real idea, but I think Steve Walsh has been accredited with a lot of the recruitment side of things at Leicester.  Certainly for "unearthing" Mahrez and Kante.

Steve Walsh is right to get the credit he does.....but the manager always takes the responsibility so he too must be given credit for allowing Steve Walsh to flourish....by all accounts they are meant to be very good mates too, that must have helped.

But Interestingly Tony Barton did not get the same credit afforded him when he was spotting all the talent for Ron Saunders.

There is a certain selectiveness involved here IMO

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Steve Walsh is right to get the credit he does.....but the manager always takes the responsibility so he too must be given credit for allowing Steve Walsh to flourish....by all accounts they are meant to be very good mates.

But Interestingly Tony Barton did not get the same credit afforded him when he was spotting all the talent for Ron Saunders.

The is a certain selectiveness involved here IMO

Steve Walsh had a £1m release clause inserted in his previous contract, is currently being courted by Arsenal and has recently signed a new deal with Leicester City, having being hailed as the mastermind behind Mahrez, Vardy and Kante amongst others (now that I've read about him).

Nigel Pearson was sacked by Leicester City and has since been out of work the best part of a year.

But, sure, just selectiveness.  I'm sure Pearson was the man behind all those great signings really...

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Steve Walsh had a £1m release clause inserted in his previous contract, is currently being courted by Arsenal and has recently signed a new deal with Leicester City, having being hailed as the mastermind behind Mahrez, Vardy and Kante amongst others (now that I've read about him).

Nigel Pearson was sacked by Leicester City and has since been out of work the best part of a year.

But, sure, just selectiveness.  I'm sure Pearson was the man behind all those great signings really...

You didn't really acknowledge the point did you....( whether you agree or not) you just went off on a one dimensional Pearson has done nothing point.

I said ......in similar circumstances the same parallels are not drawn.

was Ron Saunders behind all those great signings in his reign really....

didn't Peter Taylor find most of Cloughies players......didn't stop Cloughie getting the Glory.

You don't know and I don't know what involvement the managers have......But you cannot just dismiss Pearson as a mere bystander.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

One thing that strikes me in this thread is how Nigel Pearson's back room staff have become the be all- most important employees during his time at Leicester. Some people would have you believe Pearson actually did nothing in his role as manager. I have been watching football for many, many years now and rarely have I heard of a back room staff lauded so much as the current Leicester back room team.To me it seems just a stick to beat him with, And before you start running for the keyboards of course I know about the Anfield boot room, but never were they heralded over the manager in the same way that Pearsons staff have been over him. As I say having watched football for many years, at the end of the day it's the manager who lives and dies by the sword. They ultimately have the final decisions to call. 

Most football fans wouldn't give a flying fig who the back room staff are so long as the manager is getting the right results on the pitch.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

One thing that strikes me in this thread is how Nigel Pearson's back room staff have become the be all- most important employees during his time at Leicester. Some people would have you believe Pearson actually did nothing in his role as manager. I have been watching football for many, many years now and rarely have I heard of a back room staff lauded so much as the current Leicester back room team.To me it seems just a stick to beat him with, And before you start running for the keyboards of course I know about the Anfield boot room, but never were they heralded over the manager in the same way that Pearsons staff have been over him. As I say having watched football for many years, at the end of the day it's the manager who lives and dies by the sword. They ultimately have the final decisions to call. 

Most football fans wouldn't give a flying fig who the back room staff are so long as the manager is getting the right results on the pitch.

Most football fans wouldn't give a flying fig who the manager is so long as the right results are happening on the pitch.

Factually, in most managerial sackings, the back room staff also leave the club - especially when a new manager comes in.  It seems to be the case at Leicester that the back room staff were asked to stay on and carry on doing their work.  That's pretty rare, no?

It's not a stick to beat Pearson with - it's an acknowledgement of how well those particular staff members have performed.  And, look, things have only gotten better for Leicester.  If the whole team was the problem, the whole team would've been removed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watching Brighton why chrissy hughton has not been linked ive never know thw guys impressive 

I too like Chris hughton.....very rounded manager IMO

I like managers who have an equal respect for defence & Attack

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dave J said:

good points Dave.

Part of a managers success is getting a good back room.....as we all know.