Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Still no quotes from the man himself though, so does really have to be filed under speculation.

Of course it does, but as speculation goes, I'd rate it as fairly reliable.

If this was written in the gossip column of the Mirror then I'd be very very suspicious of it.

Coming from Murphy in a published article on the BBC is much different.

• Like 3

If we're after a Villa fans, I wonder what Cesare Prandelli is up to these days?

In all fairness, I'd like Moyes too but I know I've been wrong with Lambert and Garde so I'm reluctant to back my own judgement. Be even worse if Pearson took the Forest job and won the league at a canter.

With regards to having people with affection for the club, it's not always a guarantee of effort or passion if Gabby, Lescott and Jack are to go by.

• Like 1

It would be just like Villa to turn our nose up at Moyes and go for Pearson. 

If Moyes is interested it's a no brainer. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

It would be just like Villa to turn our nose up at Moyes and go for Pearson. 

If Moyes is interested it's a no brainer. 

This is what I am worried about. Moyes interested looks like its about to happen...then we announce Gareth Southgate as manager :( For once get the bloody appointment right Lerner and get Moyes in!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If we're after a Villa fans, I wonder what Cesare Prandelli is up to these days?

In all fairness, I'd like Moyes too but I know I've been wrong with Lambert and Garde so I'm reluctant to back my own judgement. Be even worse if Pearson took the Forest job and won the league at a canter.

With regards to having people with affection for the club, it's not always a guarantee of effort or passion if Gabby, Lescott and Jack are to go by.

Not managing at the moment. Of course, he's a no-go because he's not British therefore he aint got that BRITISH PASHUN.

Even if the board weren't so narrow-minded though I have no idea whether he's got the right qualifications. Still, it's a pity that we won't even consider certain managers because of their nationality.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

in terms of his fan connection I really really want someone to have a connection to Aston Villa,  someone who wants to do well for Villa not because they have a pay check.  Someone motivated to care about the club as I doubt we have had a manager like that in a very very long time (Gregory I'd say) so it is important for me as I also think he would be motivated to reconnect the club to the fan base which is something the club is desperately lacking

Yes I know his skills are untested a bit but the job he has done down the road is remarkable really.  They have spent jack all,  have an owner who is absent ,  were a total shambles and heading down another division.  Sound familiar?  Our resources are much better than theirs and I just think he would flourish with us and us with him.  Still it's not my choice and I'm merely expressing an opinion.

As I said I am not totally averse to Rowett. If we are going for a 'championship' level manager I would prefer him to some of the other names being bandied about.

If Moyes is genuinely interested Get him in. e is the fans preferred option and it would be a good first step to turning the fans around. Alternately we could do it the Villa way and dither about wait for Celtic to offer him the position and then bring in half baked choice that nobody else would touch.

This is a real chance for the new board to show they mean business as opposed to business as usual!

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

This would absolutely be the perfect appointment and it would no doubt get the fans back on side again. I don't see how we could mess up an opportunity like this. 

I agree, but he may not want to take the job on. The budget would be an obvious problem, if it is not sufficiently substantial.

I hope it is Moyes he's the only one who can save us.

And you just know if he wants a player he's not going to go blowing smoke around this "football board" or Paddy Reilly he'll go straight for that jibbering coward Lerner, who'll say no problem David.

It will be like that film the dammed United when the chairman turns up at training to find out he's financed 2 new players.

Moyes will bring the glory days back.

We will return to the premier league unbeaten without conceeding a goal. The team will be affectionatly known as the indomitable lions and go down in history.

1 hour ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

David Moyes signed Lescott for Everton so he is eager to reunite himself with his trusty centre back. Just saying.  :detect:

"Joleon's attitude has not been right these past days, he has disappointed me and he has disappointed his team-mates. He is not in the right frame of mind. I've always thought he was a good lad. But I think he has not only let himself down but his team-mates, too." David Moyes, 2009. 

• Like 3

Just now, bringbackbigron said:

If Moyes is genuinely interested Get him in. e is the fans preferred option and it would be a good first step to turning the fans around. Alternately we could do it the Villa way and dither about wait for Celtic to offer him the position and then bring in half baked choice that nobody else would touch.

This is a real chance for the new board to show they mean business as opposed to business as usual!

Ah but the fans wanted Lambert and that didn't work out therefore we shouldn't get Moyes, apparently...

I do think the reaction of the fans is important though. Moyes is the only realistic option who would give most of the fanbase a lift.