Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course it does, but as speculation goes, I'd rate it as fairly reliable.

If this was written in the gossip column of the Mirror then I'd be very very suspicious of it.

Coming from Murphy in a published article on the BBC is much different.

So it would seem that we are awaiting a decision from that cretin Lerner before we approach Moyes.

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

wonder what the fundamental issues are? Budget for Moyes?

Was thinking along the same lines. Either they're sacrificing the football board for Moyes or Lerner won't cough up investment that Moyes wants...

or its unrelated to Moyes and they've just realised what a mess we are

Will be money related, either to the appointment of a manager the football board have lined up and Lerner doesn't authorise the budgets they discussed. Or simply they have realised that Lerner's idea of a realistic budget to get back to the Premier League is another suicide and want no part of it. They've deffo fallen out with Lerner...

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Just about to say... no one will want to come here. I would now not be surprised if we're stuck with him for much longer than we thought.

I think we all need to brace ourselves............

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

The point is fairly clear I think. Just because he's Dennis Mortimer, doesn't mean his opinion is any more valid than anyone else's. It doesn't mean he's correct in his thinking, it doesn't mean he's got that much more insight than anyone else. I exaggerated the examples to try to clarify that. Evidently I was wrong.

You raised Dennis Mortimer's thoughts to back your position. It doesn't mean anything. It's just another persons opinion. It's no more valid than any pundit. It doesn't support or make any more valid. It's pretty much an inversion of the Hitler fallacy - just because Dennis likes it, doesn't mean it's right.

Oh and who said it did mean more than anyone else's opinion.....but he has been in the business and made a good fist of it and earned the right to be listened to....IMO

but if i said it was chris in the office....you would say who is he, meaning why should i listen to him.

personally, i thought it was worth mentioning, but because it didn't suit you book, you find fault with it.

you are hard work mate....

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh and who said it did mean more than anyone else's opinion.....but he has been in the business and made a good fist of it and earned the right to be listened to....IMO

but if i said it was chris in the office....you would say who is he, meaning why should i listen to him.

personally, i thought it was worth mentioning, but because it didn't suit you book, you find fault with it.

you are hard work mate....

Why raise it then? You're saying you don't think he's any more valid an opinion, then on the same sentence saying he is? 

I'd find fault with it logically if Dennis Mortimer said Pearson was a clearing in the woods who shouldn't be anywhere near the club, for the reason I've already outlined - it's just another opinion. It has no more weight to any other commentator. You may as well say Shearer thinks we should hire Joe Bloggs. It doesn't support an argument at all.

As for being hard work...