Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

8 minutes ago, JoeParker91 said:

The obvious way to restore the connection between fans and club is success on the pitch and that is all that will ultimately be cared about (the appointment alone would begin this). I also see Moyes as a pretty genuine guy who certainly isn't afraid of a challenge. He may be motivated by his own interests (restoring his reputation/challenge) but so would 99% of other managers, that's the way it is. 

If the best man for the job wants it, we should make our best possible efforts to get him. 

This.  The connection with the club often develops as a manager progresses over time; you cannot really recruit on that basis though as the pool would be too small and exclusionary.  Ultimately we need a highly competent manager who is professionally driven and ambitious to get the club back where it belongs. The connection with the fans will soon form once a new manager starts to win games; if that becomes a regular occurrence the manager will be loved after what we have endured!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Moyes isn't English. I want a British Bulldog manager. Like Allardyce or Dyche. 

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Exactly - we need a pure untainted Englishman

this has to be satire.

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

Maybe not but for me I would really want someone who genuines cares for the club and is motivated by the fact it is Aston Villa and buying into the club,  not just someone after a paycheck.  I think the club has lost a lot of connection with the fan base and is distant and I would like that restored.  I think having that feeling for the club right now is important.

Last time we had an ex-player in charge was the last time we won a trophy :detect:

I dont think for 1 second that the board would appoint a.n.other without speaking to Moyes so I dont expect an announcement to be made this week.

Unless Lerner is being a total plank and has said that Moyes has rejected our overtures too many times so I dont want him now.

An interested Moyes has to be very hard to turn down.

If the story is true I think we'd all be extremely curious (to say the least) if they appointed someone else.  The would certainly need to explain it.

4 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Sorry, Pearson's Great, great , great , great, great, great, great,  great, great, great, great Nan was a Viking.

Thats him out them - thinking about the slanty eyes are dead give away - Dyche it is then !

Just now, romavillan said:

Any quotes from Moyes declaring an interest yet?

No - and rightly so - the only person who has declared an interest with quotes is John Carver ! 

I really think Moyes is a non starter, - The only way to have got him was to offer him the job early and press him for a decision - he will have better options as the season draws to a close - I see him either at Celtic or back at Everton.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

No - and rightly so - the only person who has declared an interest with quotes is John Carver ! 

I really think Moyes is a non starter, - The only way to have got him was to offer him the job early and press him for a decision - he will have better options as the season draws to a close - I see him either at Celtic or back at Everton.

Yep I'd be surprised if he really is interested that's why I was after a quote, there's a danger that the story he is interested could end up being seen as a fact and then people will be pissed off with the club for not getting Moyes when in reality he didn't want the job. Quotes from him saying he'd love to come and sort us out would be very welcome!

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yep I'd be surprised if he really is interested that's why I was after a quote, there's a danger that the story he is interested could end up being seen as a fact and then people will be pissed off with the club for not getting Moyes when in reality he didn't want the job. Quotes from him saying he'd love to come and sort us out would be very welcome!

The story came from Pat Murphy who is pretty reliable with that sort of info, imo. And it didn't sound like speculation the way it was written.

8 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

David Moyes signed Lescott for Everton so he is eager to reunite himself with his trusty centre back. Just saying.  :detect:

and with a bit coaching Gabby is a match for Lukaku  - sorted !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The story came from Pat Murphy who is pretty reliable with that sort of info, imo. And it didn't sound like speculation the way it was written.

Still no quotes from the man himself though, so does really have to be filed under speculation.