Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Could we afford to pay off his TV contract? Unless he resigns I'm pretty sure it's going to be Eric Black for the foreseeable.

All seems rather pointless now. Does it even matter?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i understand why they've shut one i just dont understand why they picked the trinity over the DE

Maybe there are more longstanding ST holders in the Upper Witton (like me and everyone around me for instance) 

This time yesterday some of thought appointing Nigel Pearson was the worst that could happen to our club ?  !!!!

I asked this earlier - but has the British manager with championship and PL experience gone as essential criteria ?  - 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If we hire Simon Grayson we really do give the impression of a club who's in real trouble.

I think it's already clear we are real trouble 

I thought the flag on with the dragon had the pellet with the poison and the chalice with the palace had the brew that was true.   (No THATS an obscure movie reference)

Oh you court jester you! [emoji2]

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rubberman said:

Perfect - we need to sell a shitload of players.

We need to find a donut like our owner  to buy them first....they are very few and far between.

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Randy for manager - Go Team!

(I wouldn't be surprised if he did team talks via Skype)

This might not be a bad idea. Our managers only last a few months at a time so it'd be one way of guaranteeing that we get rid of him soon 

• Like 1

I honestly do not know who we will be able to attract both in terms of new ownership and as a new manager.

I think the best we can hope for is a local consortium who may not have money to invest, but will recycle what we can generate. (We could probably achieve close to 25million for Gueye, Ayew and Amavi) and that's not a bad championship budget. 

In terms of a manager, in this situation, whilst not inspiring, the likes of McCarthy, Bruce or the man I'd like to see get the job Houghton could be the ones. 

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I honestly do not know who we will be able to attract both in terms of new ownership and as a new manager.

I think the best we can hope for is a local consortium who may not have money to invest, but will recycle what we can generate. (We could probably achieve close to 25million for Gueye, Ayew and Amavi) and that's not a bad championship budget. 

In terms of a manager, in this situation, whilst not inspiring, the likes of McCarthy, Bruce or the man I'd like to see get the job Houghton could be the ones. 

In terms of players that should be sold those 3 are pretty low down the list. Regardless of whether they go however the poison core of Lescott, Richards, Gabby etc need to be ruthlessly disposed of, even if that means sticking them in the reserves for the whole season.

• Like 3

Historically we know that Lerner always has an end of season sit down with the manager, and CEO  of Villa. If this hasn't been brought forward, I think we won't see any movement on the new manager until the season ends. That probably means we won't get Pearson or Moyes. (I never thought Moyes was feasible any way)

If Reports are true and Little wants Dyche - well that would be some coup if we could lure him away.

Ive always thought Bruce is a strong contender, he has worked with Eric Black - and still lives local.

If we don't want to pay compensation - then Neil Warnock (not bad at this level) or Chris Coleman come into the reckoning. So it looks grim, but perhaps one note of optimism you don't have to be great to lead a side to promotion plenty of average managers have done it. conversely Aston Villa is one messy club at the moment.