Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Hopefully the next one will at least wait the current manager has left the building before he starts turning up at VP

Out of everything that is out there and get able then it has to be Moyes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

My bad, but think it's a it harsh to say he failed quite badly st Derby as they were in the hunt for promotion. Who knows how it would of panned out if he wasn't sacked under unusual circumstances ie Derby chairman actually not wanting promotion. He has worked under some of the greatest managers of our era, has worked at Chelsea, PSG & Real Madrid so used to dealing with egos. He is highly rated within the game, brodgers failed at Watford badly only to excel at Swansea. One failure doesn't mean he can't be a success here. I think he has the potential to be a great manager. Plus he isn't Pearson. But I can understand why some fans wouldn't want him. Just one of my personal preferences. 

I agree with what you say but we've just seen that sort of experiment fail big time with Garde so i don't see the club taking that sort of risk ... It will be an established name this time around 

I'd question how gettable Moyes is in current circumstances I think. He's out of work, but he rates himself higher than Championship clubs and he must realise the car crash he'd walk into here would be a bigger hassle than it's worth.

Unfortunately I think we're fishing in a pond we'd rather not be. But even that shouldn't prevent us from ignoring the likes of Nigel Pearson. Even a beggar can have his standards. 

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'd question how gettable Moyes is in current circumstances I think. He's out of work, but he rates himself higher than Championship clubs and he must realise the car crash he'd walk into here would be a bigger hassle than it's worth.

Unfortunately I think we're fishing in a pond we'd rather not be. But even that shouldn't prevent us from ignoring the lines of Nigel Pearson. Even a beggar can have his standards. 

Of the clubs in the prem likely to change managers I don't see any clubs that would really tempt him .. Koeman may walk in the summer but he wouldn't fit their model anyway ... If Newcastle survive they will stick with Benitez , I'd imagine Pardew could be under threat but I don't see Moyes going there

so it's the villa job or the Celtic job for him and we know which one is the more appealing there :)

Murat Yakin for me.

Might not be realistic thou.

Pray we don't go for one of these tracksuit wearing, 4-4-2 loudmouths with big forearms who are all gusto and think it's ok for the lads to let off some steam with a lager or 12 after the game.

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Of the clubs in the prem likely to change managers I don't see any clubs that would really tempt him .. Koeman may walk in the summer but he wouldn't fit their model anyway ... If Newcastle survive they will stick with Benitez , I'd imagine Pardew could be under threat but I don't see Moyes going there

so it's the villa job or the Celtic job for him and we know which one is the more appealing there :)

Conversely I think he'll be happy to bide his time and wait for a decent opportunity somewhere. 

The only way I see him taking this job now is if he was destitute. Which to my knowledge he isn't. I wouldn't touch this job in his position, he needs a stable platform he can walk into and quietly succeed for a bit after a couple of perceived failures. This job is a come in and try to fix a mess with your hands tied poisoned chalice. He'd be a moron to take it.

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Villa, surely?

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The thing is tone if we couldnt get moyes when sherwood was sacked cant see him coming now/ i would love moyes but no way would he come here now

• Like 1

Grayson does not feel like a choice of ambition, ex Villa but not done enough to show he is capable. Clement interests me but lack of experience is worrying.

If we are being serious in our rebuild and want to get back on footballing track then go for a manager who has  potential to build for the prem and do well in the prem. Moyes, Rodgers or alike. It's just a matter of whether we can be an attractive enough proposition for a good manager. 

I am sure the board will be savvy enough to realise we do need investment, just whether it's enough to tempt a good manager.

Moyes won't go to a championship club and Rodgers is insane in the head. 

Grayson is definitely a 'safe' choice but it's what we need imo, I don't believe we will come straight back up so a manager who can stabilise and steady the club in the championship and provide a solid foundation to build off going forward in the next few years is what we should aim for.

None of this go for broke or bust malarkey that seems to be going on everywhere, just a steady settling down for 2-3 years, no drama, no anger and just quietly getting on with things while we wait for Lerner to make up his mind about whether he wants to see sense and sell up at a reasonable price or if he is going to try again and start seriously investing and taking care of us.

Grayson for me represents that calmness I'm hoping for.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Unfortunately I think we're fishing in a pond we'd rather not be. But even that shouldn't prevent us from ignoring the likes of Nigel Pearson. Even a beggar can have his standards. 

If the right package is put together and the T&C's are what the new guy wants then we could have anyone within reason. 

Just depends on how serious and ambitious the new board are for coming back at the first attempt.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Moyes won't go to a championship club and Rodgers is insane in the head. 

Grayson is definitely a 'safe' choice but it's what we need imo, I don't believe we will come straight back up so a manager who can stabilise and steady the club in the championship and provide a solid foundation to build off going forward in the next few years is what we should aim for.

None of this go for broke or bust malarkey that seems to be going on everywhere, just a steady settling down for 2-3 years, no drama, no anger and just quietly getting on with things while we wait for Lerner to make up his mind about whether he wants to see sense and sell up at a reasonable price or if he is going to try again and start seriously investing and taking care of us.

Grayson for me represents that calmness I'm hoping for.

We don't need calmness, we need somebody proven in that division - somebody capable of getting us into the top 6 of the Championship/Promotion. I would reluctantly take Pearson or Bruce. 

• Like 1