Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Gareth Ainsworth?

i just think the grasons /pearsons  etc of this work are the same, i like you & all the fans want RL & hollis to lay down a statement of intent , to admit that the merry go round of try this try that manager is costing millions & getting the club nowhere fast

the club need a mass clear out & a fresh page, i can only see DM changing the whole place. 

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm obviously not going to change your mind :) but I honestly believe Grayson is exactly what we need. What is the point of coming back up under Lerner? Just to fight against relegation again? No thanks.

Lot of ifs and buts there, randy is staying for the foreseeable until someone buys us from him. Randy won't listen to any manager telling him what needed to happen, he was burnt from the Mon days.

Oh and we are very much a championship club these days in terms of finances, size and budget. Not nice to admit it but it's true.

see above 

I personally see the next manager as a stepping stone-A needs to a must. The type of manager that 5 years ago would have seen McLeish type protests.

We have to accept that we are not the attractive proposition that we once were 5 years ago and need to set our sight accordingly.

Nigel Pearson did a great job with Leicester. I don't care how much he bullies the players-In fact I think they need a bit. Whether Pearson will be as effective without his coaching staff is a big question.

Steve Bruce has always bought well. Two signings that stand out for me were Savage when Blues got promoted (who was just what our midfield needed at the time) and Bent for Sunserland. I think he knows the division and knows the players that are needed to get us out.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with either, probably edging towards Bruce. Of bigger importance to me is how the club plan to approach it. We have a windfall payment and we need to utilise it. We need to keep as bigger squad as possible and to pay the wages that makes us an attractive proposition to join. Working on a shoe string hasn't kept us in the division, it sure as hell won't get us back there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

If at all possible I would like Moyes to be given an opportunity. He's got experience in the Championship with Preston, is used to working at a club of our size based on his time at Everton. It would be a good fit.

The championships has moved on a hell of a long way in the TWELVE years plus since Moyes was at PNE. You can't count the fact he was there in his favour. He could be a good fit though tbf. Personally I'd don't want him but if it meant it wasn't Pearson or Bruce sign him up. 

I can't think of anyone i want less than Pearson. A horrible word removed to top of a horrible season. 

Looking over Bruce's record, he is quite consistent around the 40% win rate. The only anomalies were Palace (60%) and Sunderland (29%) who are, lets be frank, in the same dire situation as us in recent times. He is consistent and would not be surprised if we go for consistent. 

Next year will not be a year for rebuilding the squad. We'll be seeing recalled loanees, u21, anyone we can't offload and a lone signing or two. I can't see many managers wanting to walk into that position. Its a season where stability is the best we can hope for. I see no reason to throw away more money getting a new manager to work under those  limitations.

• Like 1

Hire Zdenek Zeman, go all out attack and just enjoy the ride.

He's getting on a bit at 68 and has only had 1 successful season in the last 15 years, but at least it will be entertaining :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I could see the club going for Lennon, has Championship experience and used to working with his hands tied behind his back like he was at Bolton and crucially he is free

horrible move but could see it

Don't say things like that, Ill be sweating like Neil Lennons postman!