Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd imagine a Leicester fan knows much more than you on who had an influence on their club. 

Undoubtedly so, but I'm referencing what I've heard from other Leicester fans. you probably knew that though.

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thanks for the insight. 

Good luck for the title, the vast majority of the country are behind you! 

No problem and cheers... I still think Spurs and that mouth breather up front are going to do it. Which annoys me massively as their fans are the biggest bunch of tossers I've had the misfortune of stumbling across.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Undoubtedly so, but I'm referencing what I've heard from other Leicester fans. you probably knew that though.

There is a section of Leicester fans that rubbished the bloke the second he walked through the door. Rather than admit they were wrong they waged a campaign against him to remove any credit from him. It's quite sad to be honest, but anyone telling you any different than I have is either a liar or an idiot. That might sound quite strong, but you can google about what I've said and you will find numerous articles from players past and present, ex staff members and so on that have said exactly what I have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bretonvilla said:

How long would any of those spineless tossers wearing OUR shirt have lasted with Pearson in charge instead of Garde . Just by being a bastard to them would have made me feel a bit better because that's exactly what they deserve 

Garde has dropped almost all the players at some stage, not sure what more Pearson would have done.  Problem is the entire squad is utterly shite.

49 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

No 

I see a manager who wins

a manager who can build a team and had some gonads to stand up to the board and players with attitude. Do you think cloughie ferguson and Ron Saunders were angels . You are on another planet

No I'm living in the 21st century and not bringing up past managers from a different era just to suit a flawed argument. Can't comment on Saunders before my time, Clough loved booze and brown envelopes, Ferguson was one the greatest managers ever. Who should never be talked in the same breath as Pearson. 

You say it like Pearson is the only one capable of building a team. That what EVERY manager does surely given the chance. Raineri took his team and made it better. He really deserves minimal credit. 

Calling out your own fans and telling them to **** off and die. Grabbing a player by the throat then bragging about it in the press conference. getting fired for supporting his racist son. Yeah dream manager ?! 

But it's ok cause you see a manager who wins. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, babyblue said:

You can't look at that and pin it on him. Our biggest issue in the first summer back was recuitment and we failed to strengthen in key areas, there is a reason our DOF got the tin tack half way into the season. Once we got to January and got Huth in we sorted some of the issues out, the issues that were remaining were left back and a DM. He had Fuchs and Kante lined up at the end of the season before he left.

Why can't I pin those losses on him, if you can put the wins down to his work? And surely Fuchs and Kante were lined up by Walsh?

Edited by a m ole

10 minutes ago, babyblue said:

There is a section of Leicester fans that rubbished the bloke the second he walked through the door. Rather than admit they were wrong they waged a campaign against him to remove any credit from him. It's quite sad to be honest, but anyone telling you any different than I have is either a liar or an idiot. That might sound quite strong, but you can google about what I've said and you will find numerous articles from players past and present, ex staff members and so on that have said exactly what I have.

Sad thing is, it would probably be the same down Villa as well. You've seen some of the reactions in here. 

Pearson would have played two up front with wingers, drilled the wingers to cross the ball accurately and hit Rudy on a regular basis. Then even if Rudy doesn't get on it properly then Ayew can tuck in the rebound. 

Remi would never play so direct, even though that is the strength of some of our players. Sadly I feel he has tried to make our players suit his style rather than look at how he can get the best out of certain players strengths. 

17 minutes ago, babyblue said:

If he was really was brilliant and important for Leicester as you say then it makes me even more concerned that fans can still say awful things about him.

Edited by a m ole

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You say it like Pearson is the only one capable of building a team. That what EVERY manager does surely given the chance. Raineri took his team and made it better. He really deserves minimal credit. 

Calling out your own fans and telling them to **** off and die. Grabbing a player by the throat then bragging about it in the press conference. getting fired for supporting his racist son. Yeah dream manager ?! 

But it's ok cause you see a manager who wins. 

Well, first and foremost we were pretty good at the end of last season also. Ranieri also got the benefits of having Huth all season (something we didn't have last year), Fuchs, Kante and Okazaki. All signed by Pearson, or bid for before he went. I think it's fair to say with those players we would have had a decent season without Ranieri. As good as... I doubt it, as Ranieri is amazing at game management and can change a game with one early substitution and he's a brilliant defensive coach. But without what he was left behind for him to work with, we wouldn't be where we are either.

He told one fan to f'off, some pissed up moron who spent the game verbally abusing him, his players, his staff. The bloke got what he deserved quite frankly.

Sacked for supporting his racist son? You mean the son painted as a racist despite not saying anything racist whatsoever? I think you'd not be too happy either. Especially is they go back on what they say to you about having a personal hearing... and then just sacking everyone. Despite two of them not doing or saying anything racist.

• Like 1

If we do go for Pearson, i don't know why we can't get Walsh from Leicester as head of recruitment? A lot of backroom staff will be loyal to their manager, that they have worked with for years. Yeah they may win the league but its not as if he is playing is it? Offer him more money at Villa and he may come!

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

If he was really was brilliant and important for Leicester as you say then it makes me even more concerned that fans can still say awful things about him.

People don't like being wrong do they. They were the tiny vocal minority, specifically coming from one website. The majority think they are utter loons.

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why can't I pin those losses on him, if you can put the wins down to his work? And surely Fuchs and Kante were lined up by Walsh?

I'm telling you there were other factors. If he says "we need x position sorting" or "we need x player"... and then nothing is done about it. Then the blame cannot be put just on him. The DOF got sacked for his failings that summer, which should tell you a lot.

They would have been scouted by Walsh and his team yes, but they are Pearson's team. The manager will get blamed for poor signings, so he should get the credit for good ones also... especially when he sets up the department and brings in his own people.

Edited by babyblue

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sad thing is, it would probably be the same down Villa as well. You've seen some of the reactions in here. 

Yeah I can see that already. He'd need the time to succeed, where we are now is as much down to the owners patience and believing in what he was doing as anything else. There were times they could have let him go, several terrible runs of form. But they could see the team growing and his methods slowly working.