Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Not sure on Clement. Monk could possibly be an option.

I think we will go for someone more experienced now which is why I fear these rumours of Steve Bruce have something in them which after this awful season of recruitment could quite possibly happen under again Bruce who has signed some bang average players over the years.

How much could we realistically receive for a summer clear out which would (I hope) be reinvested?

I know, a fair few would say a packet of monster munch for the lot and they'd have a point. 

But after such balls up of a season, I can't tell how much we'd get back for, say, Veretout. £5m or £6m maybe?

If we sold him, Gana, Ayew, maybe we'd scrape £15m back? Add the likes of Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Bacuna, Gabby etc maybe we'd sneak up to £20m to £25m?

Neil Warnock aka Colin rocket polisher

Anyone?

The guy is an absolute **** weapon but every team he manages he gets to prem league from championship!!!

Taken over at Rotherham and they are on a winning streak for first time this season thanks to him

Just sack him a few games into new season when he gets us promoted with Paddy Kenny as our keeper lol

10 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

James Nursey with an article about how Steve Bruce is keen on the Villa job. Demands a hefty transfer kitty; that may be a deal breaker Schteve.

I'll be really pissed off if we sack Garde without backing him and then go and give Steve **** Bruce a huge sack of money to play with.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd probably take bruce with some cash over Garde. 

Garde will have to replace more players than Bruce would. 

I think there are reasons to believe it would be best if Garde moved on.  But the fact that him staying would require a large roster turnover is, to me, not legitimate.  We need 85-90% of the first team to move along no matter who the manager is, if we're going to move forward.  If it's not possible to move those 85-90% along then they need to be marginalized.  They are infected with a disease and it is highly contagious. 

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I think there are reasons to believe it would be best if Garde moved on.  But the fact that him staying would require a large roster turnover is, to me, not legitimate.  We need 85-90% of the first team to move along no matter who the manager is, if we're going to move forward.  If it's not possible to move those 85-90% along then they need to be marginalized.  They are infected with a disease and it is highly contagious. 

Oh don't get me wrong. I want nearly every word removed out this summer but it's not going to happen. Garde's relationship with these players has to be at a point that probably can't be turned around. I think we need a new man to come and replace them 

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But we're not going to have the funds or the ability to replace them all in the summer.

If Lerner isn't going to back the manager then I don't see the point in getting rid of him for someone like Bruce.

I'd rather not. Good coach shocking manager. Monk, & clement if we do go UK. Moyes highlight was Everton. I'd go foreign again personally if Remi does go. However I don't trust moxeys source not to be spinning a story for their own gain if you catch my drift. 

Cant see the board leaking it. One may speculate (in my eyes anyway) a disgruntled player who doesn't like Garde could be leaking shit to build the media pressure against him. Heard that happening quite a bit throughout the leagues 

Edited by thabucks

Interesting, times ahead.

The new manager needs to be:

• conversant with english football
  • exceptional in the transfer market
  • strong in character
  • can demonstrate how to build teams

lets see if we can get it right this time.....as right can be.