Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Boro vs Hull sums up Steve Bruce. Had no intention of playing any football came for the draw and rightly lost. He has signed some bang average players and the football on display is absolutely disgraceful. It is quite possible that they miss out on promotion. They won't do much in the premier league. I hope he isn't considered for the job.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Just remembered Garry Monk is out of work. Do we go for a manager from the uk or foreign. Murat Yakin is out of work I see but is that too much of a risk ? 

Murat Yakin and also Lucien Favre are still both out of work! Suprised neither has found a job yet!! People like Sanchez-Flores was out of work a while before landing the Watford job!!

Yakin definitelyhas a lot of passion and i rate him highly!! but as you say it is a big risk!!

• Like 1

Given Hollis has recently described remi as one of the top managers in europe, and remi has also recently said he won't return to France, I think it a relatively safe bet that remi will be our manager next season - whether we think that is a good idea or not. Going with that assumption, I would like to see villa stripped right back with the exception of Ayew and Amavi - then hoover up the best young talent that we can get from the championship - other than going to a premier league club, we'll be the best option for any such player. Give Remi 2 seasons and the remainder of his contract to impose his style and go from there.

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Given Hollis has recently described remi as one of the top managers in europe, and remi has also recently said he won't return to France, I think it a relatively safe bet that remi will be our manager next season - whether we think that is a good idea or not. Going with that assumption, I would like to see villa stripped right back with the exception of Ayew and Amavi - then hoover up the best young talent that we can get from the championship - other than going to a premier league club, we'll be the best option for any such player. Give Remi 2 seasons and the remainder of his contract to impose his style and go from there.

A lot will depend on whether Garde's trust with the Club has gone. I just hope a decision is made by both parties sooner rather than later. At present there a few decent managers out there who could do a job for us and need to rebuild their reputation. If Garde goes I'd want us to go British but I'd also like them in with time in this season to judge the squad. We have to act fast when the season ends to identify who we want to stay and who we want to get rid of. We need next seasons manager in place very soon. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lucien Favre has no bottle its why he is out of work

Bit harsh, he did a wonderful job at 'Gladbach over the last 5 years. Maybe he's on a sabbatical which the managers abroad like to take, no chance he's joining us in the championship.

I completely forgot about Garry Monk tbh, wouldn't be the worst appointment if Garde walks.

Regarding Garde, I like the way he has handled the situation but there's still no hiding from the fact that results under him are diabolical.

I'm on the fence as to whether I want him here next season. I think he's been stiffed by the club in  January and also by a lot of our 'professional' footballers, who appear to be too lazy to adapt to a new regime and instead of buying into it, they go through the motions and have no desire to perform.

We're going down, it's simple as that so the questions is, is Garde the right man to bring us straight back up?

If, the club completely back Garde to mould the squad, bringing in (and more importantly clearing out) players, then I'd give him a go. In this instance, I can see the likes of Gabby getting pushed out of the club (which I don't think would be a bad thing, his performances in recent years are appalling and he appears to be too influential in the dressing room but in a bad way). 

If the club opt to look for another Manager, sadly I can see there being a 'fresh chance' for all players, and the cycle would begin again.

The club need to look at our playing staff and decide who wants to be part of it. If there's signs of laziness or shit attitude, we need to get rid. The club needs to purge itself of players looking for a meal ticket and bring in players that want to play for the club and showcase what they can achieve, rather than showcase their bank account.

We should be looking at Rico Henry, Kemar Roofe, Zach Clough and even Joe Lolley to come in. Even though we'd be a Championship team, we'd still be a desirable club to join.

22 hours ago, mykeyb said:

He actually tried to sign at least 2 we know of and one chose Sunderland over him/us

Who's that? Certainly not Khazri, who we never entered a bid for despite him saying unprompted in an interview that he'd like to join us. 

Maybe you're thinking of Doumbia? But he went to Newcastle. 

If we do keep Garde, then the proportion of player turnover needs to be higher. One of the issues when a manager leaves who the staff (for whatever reason) didn't want to go (Sherwood), the next manager spends their tenure fighting insurrection. I think we've seen that repeatedly over the last month or 6 weeks. Helpfully, many of those players have identified themselves publicly. If the manager stays, those in the squad who have undermined him, criticised him and ignored him need to be weeded out. 

• Like 2

It isn't all his fault, but for the sake of all involved (Garde included) we need a new manager.

Player wise, I'd keep Amavi & Adama, mainly because they haven't played enough. I'd also keep the youngsters, Grealish, Green etc.

I do still like Ayew and Gil, I think they've got some worth. But I'm probably just comparing them favourably to the dross we have elsewhere. So I'm not going to be too gutted if they go too.

The entire rest of the squad can go the minute summer window opens as far as I'm concerned. English/French/whatever, don't care. All gone please.

I just hope whatever happens, its decided quickly at the end of season. Last thing we need is a pre season of uncertainty 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

If David Moyes still has the drive in him that he had at Preston NE, then we should do what we can to bring him in.

Both he and Villa need rebuilding, so could be a good fit.

I'd be happy with that. Defensively he would tighten us up which is much needed too. 

Not sure he would want it though and to be honest who can blame him.

• Like 1

I'd like to keep Garde but I wouldn't be disappointed with Moyes.

Unfortunately, even if we did get him (and that's unlikely) we'll still be watching the same gutless shit unless the manager is backed and there's a massive cull of players.

Two good managers out of work in Clement & Monk for example will get snapped up if we dither. Hollis doesn't strike me so far to be the dithering type so can see Garde going as soon as our fate is sealed. I reckon they could be a clause that dictates we can terminate his contract for minimal compensation in the event of relegation.