Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

I may be in the minority, but I feel its a little unfair to judge RG when he has had both hands tied behind his back. This is not his squad or setup. Personally I will judge him around next christmas if he has had the chance to build a squad in his image! 

Depends if he wants to be here though.

I'm getting no indication at all from his press conferences and general demeanor currently that he has any interest whatsoever in managing us in the championship particularly as the current board can break promises at a moments notice. 

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bit harsh, I know this season's been a drag but remember what he has lost upfront. Last season they had Dicko, Sako and Afobe running amok upfront and were very unlucky to miss out on play offs, think they got 77 points in the end.

Sako left on a free, Dicko did his ACL in September and Afobe wasn't great for first half of the season before he left.

Sorry, I wasn't agreeing with them specifically, just observing the fact that they do hate him. 

I have no real opinion as to whether he'd be a good manager for us. 

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm getting no indication at all from his press conferences and general demeanor currently that he has any interest whatsoever in managing us in the championship particularly as the current board can break promises at a moments notice. 

You are completely correct. Lyon are making noises about wanting him back, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

But should he stay, and see this as an opportunity to build this great club (particularly when/if fox leaves), I feel he deserves that opportunity.

I might be talking rubbish, but I think i read somewhere he was consulted when Almstadt was sacked.. why would they do that if he was planning to jump ship in the summer?

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's made a few comments such as having a full pre-season with Grealish, and also protecting the youngsters from the toxic mess we're in.

I wonder whether he's just riding out this season like everyone else seems to be, and is thinking he'll be starting this job for real in May.

11 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

He's made a few comments such as having a full pre-season with Grealish, and also protecting the youngsters from the toxic mess we're in.

I wonder whether he's just riding out this season like everyone else seems to be, and is thinking he'll be starting this job for real in May.

I think this is probably accurate. This season has been over before Remi came along. Imagine he'll be thinking he can make a fresh start in the summer, get a full pre season with the players and get them playing his system. I imagine players like Grealish will do well under him next season. Sure he played ok under Sherwood at the tail end of last season but that was just because he hyped him up so much and filled him with confidence. No doubt the talent is flowing through the kid, as with other youngsters. But if Remi can get them working hard then they'll push on so much more.

Edited by 7392craig

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

but he has made no progress since he got here, I would suggest we have went backwards under Garde and he should be sacked ASAP, his win record is appalling

I believe he may have underestimated how bad this squad is. Also he was under the misconception that he would have money to spend in January, something that indeed could have changed things for us.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

but he has made no progress since he got here, I would suggest we have went backwards under Garde and he should be sacked ASAP, his win record is appalling

If you have a truck hurting towards a hairpin corner in the Alps and ask Lewis Hamilton to put it back on course with no brakes or a steering wheel, does it make him a bad driver when that truck inevitably smashes through the barrier and tumbles its way into the valley below?

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

If you have a truck hurting towards a hairpin corner in the Alps and ask Lewis Hamilton to put it back on course with no brakes or a steering wheel, does it make him a bad driver when that truck inevitably smashes through the barrier and tumbles its way into the valley below?

What if Michael Cane was on board with a ton of gold bullion and the truck actually came to a halt and pivoted over the abyss?

• Like 2

I cannot see Yorke being a manager who could sort this bunch of players out. He has zero experience in football management, and we are in need of a massive overhaul to get ourselves in shape. Not a job for a novice football manager in my opinion. Only an idiot would employ a candidate with that in mind.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Dwight Yorke in the news again stating his case for the job, the case being that he loves Villa and can get us back up. Hmmm no thanks Yorkie. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dwight-yorke-want-lead-aston-11058977

Bring him in as attack coach though.  God knows we need someone to show our forwards how to score.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I cannot see Yorke being a manager who could sort this bunch of players out. He has zero experience in football management, and we are in need of a massive overhaul to get ourselves in shape. Not a job for a novice football manager in my opinion. Only an idiot would employ a candidate with that in mind.

I could imagine he will spend more time in the nightclubs with Gabby etc than he will on the training ground 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I could imagine he will spend more time in the nightclubs with Gabby etc than he will on the training ground 

Haha, most likely can teach each other a thing or two about womanising.

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

I don't think anyone is blaming Garde for us going down, they are just pointing out that he hasn't improved things at all. We'd be no worse of with Sherwood in charge

• Like 1

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

Didn't anyone else read that as if it was poetry or some sort of zen meditation statement?