Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But Westwood was one player you would never question the workrate of under Lambert and Sherwood so what has happened to him. Others yes but not Weswtood.

Because, like everything else to do with Aston Villa ( including the supporters ) he has been ground down by this club.

• Like 2

It just feels like we go round and round pinpointing all the individual problems in the club but no-one seems able to identify what the over-arching issue is.

We have numerous threads where we (rightly) slate the Owner, Manager, staff, players, transfer policy, investment, fans etc, but these are all individual components of a wider issue. I, like the rest of us, do not know what this issue is either but when mates/fans of other clubs ask me what's wrong at the club I list all of the aforementioned, which pretty much makes up every facet of the club.

The only element that seems to be in good working order are the facilities and physical infrastructure.

We even have an absolute tosser as club commentator or whatever the hell you call Jack Woodward, I literally can't find anything positive about the club, with all due respect to everyone on here and the wider Villa community even the fans are shit (and yes, I include myself in that).

At least when clubs like Newcastle have gone down they've been able to live off the glory of their 'amazing fan base'.........what do we have? Seriously, what do we have? Nothing.

I am proud to support Aston Villa Football Club and will support them until I or they die but I am not proud to support this current version of Aston Villa Football Club, in fact, it's downright embarrassing.

It needs a complete transplant of personnel. I would look to systematically remove/replace every single club staff member (players, coaches, finance, HR, admin etc) over the next 24-48 months and start entirely afresh, I can't see it changing unless such drastic actions are taken.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It just feels like we go round and round pinpointing all the individual problems in the club but no-one seems able to identify what the over-arching issue is.

We have numerous threads where we (rightly) slate the Owner, Manager, staff, players, transfer policy, investment, fans etc, but these are all individual components of a wider issue. I, like the rest of us, do not know what this issue is either but when mates/fans of other clubs ask me what's wrong at the club I list all of the aforementioned, which pretty much makes up every facet of the club.

The only element that seems to be in good working order are the facilities and physical infrastructure.

We even have an absolute tosser as club commentator or whatever the hell you call Jack Woodward, I literally can't find anything positive about the club, with all due respect to everyone on here and the wider Villa community even the fans are shit (and yes, I include myself in that).

At least when clubs like Newcastle have gone down they've been able to live off the glory of their 'amazing fan base'.........what do we have? Seriously, what do we have? Nothing.

I am proud to support Aston Villa Football Club and will support them until I or they die but I am not proud to support this current version of Aston Villa Football Club, in fact, it's downright embarrassing.

It needs a complete transplant of personnel. I would look to systematically remove/replace every single club staff member (players, coaches, finance, HR, admin etc) over the next 24-48 hours and start entirely afresh, I can't see it changing unless such drastic actions are taken.

Newcastle live off the glory of their amazing fan base??? Have you not seen the reaction to our away fans every game? Things are bad but our support is as good as any and better than most. I guarantee if we sort ourselves out in the summer and are winning games again the home support will match the away support. My only fear of relegation is not coming straight back up but in a perverse way it may be exactly what we need. We have become complacent and stale. Our home form has been awful for years imagine the belief we could get from a title winning season with 12-15 home wins and 40000 crowds? To get there though we need to strip this squad of all the players without the right attitude. We all know who they are. Do this and get rid of Amlmstadt and Reilly to appease the fans get in some Villa related people. Spend some money on players with quality and spirit and by preseason we will all be thinking positive again. It sounds easy and if we had the right people in charge it would be but therein lies the problem. Over to you Hollis!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Because, like everything else to do with Aston Villa ( including the supporters ) he has been ground down by this club.

i think its human nature when you're surrounded by people who dont care and arent putting any effort in to your job and then you have a boss that doesnt particularly care either, and then you see that when results arent going well fingers get pointed in every direction but yours, and then you throw in leaders that are basically window dressing that you know yourself wont be there long anyway...you start to slide your feet that little bit further under the table and get that little bit more complacent...this now is the culmination of 5 years of that happening

thats not a football thing IMO from my experience you have the exact same scenario in a factory or an office

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

But Westwood was one player you would never question the workrate of under Lambert and Sherwood so what has happened to him. Others yes but not Weswtood.

It is almost as if we gave a player who had reach the absolute peak of his ability a five year contract to see him through to retirement.

Ground down by the club my arse. He has made it, sit back and enjoy it kid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is almost as if we gave a player who had reach the absolute peak of his ability a five year contract to see him through to retirement.

Ground down by the club my arse. He has made it, sit back and enjoy it kid.

Absolutely spot on.

Yet more pussy footing around making excuses for these arseholes.

Ground down by the club like everyone else? Do me a favour. I haven't been ground down by the club. I have zero issue being the worst team in the league. It's unfortunate that our owner doesn't want to haemorrhage money and that he's made mistakes, but I can accept it. I don't have a massive issue with it. I don't have a problem with having crap players. 

What I do have a massive problem with is players not giving their all regardless of the situation. 

Ashley westwood, Like every other player has had a choice this season. Lay down n die in a pathetic manner or relished in the opportunity to stand out. Being surrounded by people who don't give a shit, and don't try, makes it easier to stand out (within those people). I'm not saying he'd have individually dragged us to safety but he might have at the very least been applauded for his efforts, attracted attention from other teams, or even influenced a few others to follow suit.

And I guarantee you, we wouldn't be where we are if they ALL had have made the most of the opportunity to stand out. After all, that's what they are bloody well paid to do.

No, instead they sat comfortably on their extortionate wage, knowing full well that they are blessed in the football world because the finger definitely wouldn't have been pointing at them first.

• Like 2

Their rich on big contracts and couldn't a give a shit. Probably got their agents engineering moves for them

We have been a "small minded" club for years. We should be taking the likes of crystal palace Stoke west brom etc best players if we want them.

When we get relegated I hope it re energises the club with the team winning regularly and then start acting like a big club again

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We even have an absolute tosser as club commentator or whatever the hell you call Jack Woodward

It needs a complete transplant of personnel. I would look to systematically remove/replace every single club staff member (players, coaches, finance, HR, admin etc) over the next 24-48 hours and start entirely afresh, I can't see it changing unless such drastic actions are taken.

You do realise here that you're calling for the sacking of, you know, normal people? Not just footballers, or managers, or CEO's, or people who are extremely well-remunerated and whose continued employment is generally considered to be a matter of public debate, but normal people on average salaries who happen to work at a football club. 

Very unpleasant. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2016 at 23:17, HanoiVillan said:

You do realise here that you're calling for the sacking of, you know, normal people? Not just footballers, or managers, or CEO's, or people who are extremely well-remunerated and whose continued employment is generally considered to be a matter of public debate, but normal people on average salaries who happen to work at a football club. 

Very unpleasant. 

I don't honestly give a shit, the entire club is under-performing and give or take a handful of people I'd say that everyone has to hold their hand up in some small part to having contributed.

Okay, 55 year old Doris who's served tea there for the last 30 years probably doesn't deserve to be included but I'm afraid you have to completely destroy something sometimes in order to rebuild it to a satisfactory level.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2016 at 17:43, rodders0223 said:

Did we sign that fitness coach in the end? The stricter than strict one?

yes, Robert Duverne.

This lot won't work to his standards .....bone idle.

Attitudes are amongst the hardest thing to change......They have been bred over years of poor decision making.

Some folk wallow in it.....some don't and look for change.

This club needs to rid itself of these people who have wallowed in it.....not criticised( that can be positive if its constructive), thats entirely different.....wallowed and profited by the demise.

There are players at our club that are very fortunate to be there and are only there through poor decisions.

• Like 1

Watched Spurs Sunday and Leicester last night and the work rate from all of their players was far greater than ours. Kane was chasing Guzan down on 80 minutes with Spurs 2-0 up and Albrighton was running from one end to the other for 70 minutes. I could accept it if our players did this and lost but they don't work and their not good enough to win with 90% effort. 

I think we need to recruit players with the right attitudes and at the right stages of the careers. We have too many players who have their glory years behind them in this team. They are strong personalities and maybe the loudest as well and this takes it away from the players who are willing to battle for the team.    

• Like 2

On 08/03/2016 at 23:17, HanoiVillan said:

Very unpleasant. 

Indeed. In the accounts it says that there are 535 full time and 1084 part time employees, and that Players managers and coaches make up 185 of those. And even of those 185, there will be youth team coaches, kids coaches and so on. Nothing to do with the first team.

So basically of the 1619 people employed probably about 30-40 are anything to do with the first team and are highly paid.

To be honest, apart from one or two, I feel for anyone who loses their job or gets a pay cut because of the rubbish team.

What is surprising is just how many people are employed by the club. It's a heck of a lot, even compared to other clubs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tinker said:

Watched Spurs Sunday and Leicester last night and the work rate from all of their players was far greater than ours. Kane was chasing Guzan down on 80 minutes with Spurs 2-0 up and Albrighton was running from one end to the other for 70 minutes. I could accept it if our players did this and lost but they don't work and their not good enough to win with 90% effort. 

I think we need to recruit players with the right attitudes and at the right stages of the careers. We have too many players who have their glory years behind them in this team. They are strong personalities and maybe the loudest as well and this takes it away from the players who are willing to battle for the team.    

There is many who say we do put in the work......we amble, we run in a token form, with no desire, we basically shadow box ( in a boxing term) they just APPEAR to look busy.

I actually think....we are far worse than the criticism that has been aimed at them.

Â