Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

No idea how that works. How do we have so many?

Considering what a screw up of a season it's been, it's almost heartstopping to think we have had 185 people involved on the playing/coaching side. Often it feels more like 18.5.

On 15 March 2016 at 14:10, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't honestly give a shit, the entire club is under-performing and give or take a handful of people I'd say that everyone has to hold their hand up in some small part to having contributed.

Okay, 55 year old Doris who's served tea there for the last 30 years probably doesn't deserve to be included but I'm afraid you have to completely destroy something sometimes in order to rebuild it to a satisfactory level.

Do you have an example of this ever working?

Major, major clear out required!  Dreadful squad of players with simply no stomach for a fight, complete lack of desire to improve and lack of quality to win games.  Wouldn't particularly miss any of the senior playing squad if the lot were moved on.

• Like 1

None of them care, our support staff and coaching set up although proven to develop technically decent  players is obviously found wanting in off the field education.

ive said it for ages we have a very real drinking problem at the club, certainly among the younger players. I think behind the scenes we have 70's & 80's attitudes to professionalism and that seeps through to all.

if you're a vertout and you arrive and all the players your age are still in the academy and out on the pop most weeks not 100% focused and driven would you give your all?

I was stood next to Bannan at Cheltenham the other day I didn't talk to him as to me he's a loser, wasting his talent abused his position at the club and its criminal, I'd not trust myself to tell him that then give him a slap so I kept quiet. But I overheard much of his conversations with a blues fan who tried to give him a bit of verbal. Long story short he'd been on it for 3 days and he didn't give a toss about Villa, to him he just shrugged when they tried to tease him about the clubs position. These players don't really buy into the club the way us fans do, for them it's a jolly and when it's become a bit of lads living the dream it's obvious why we've fallen behind in the modern game.

More and more seems to be slowly coming out now with one or two ex players like lowton, Johnson & Drennan alluding to it not being all well, it didn't escape my notice that the other footballers making headlines at Cheltenham we're mainly Villa Youth products.

It's a controversial opinion but I would sack pretty much all academy and coaching staff as well as transfer list all youth players aged over 21 who've not broken into the match day squad or are known to burn the candle at both ends. He's gone now but Chris Herd was like superhands from peep show for Christ sake it's all wrong has been for some time. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

None of them care, our support staff and coaching set up although proven to develop technically decent  players is obviously found wanting in off the field education.

ive said it for ages we have a very real drinking problem at the club, certainly among the younger players. I think behind the scenes we have 70's & 80's attitudes to professionalism and that seeps through to all.

if you're a vertout and you arrive and all the players your age are still in the academy and out on the pop most weeks not 100% focused and driven would you give your all?

I was stood next to Bannan at Cheltenham the other day I didn't talk to him as to me he's a loser, wasting his talent abused his position at the club and its criminal, I'd not trust myself to tell him that then give him a slap so I kept quiet. But I overheard much of his conversations with a blues fan who tried to give him a bit of verbal. Long story short he'd been on it for 3 days and he didn't give a toss about Villa, to him he just shrugged when they tried to tease him about the clubs position. These players don't really buy into the club the way us fans do, for them it's a jolly and when it's become a bit of lads living the dream it's obvious why we've fallen behind in the modern game.

More and more seems to be slowly coming out now with one or two ex players like lowton, Johnson & Drennan alluding to it not being all well, it didn't escape my notice that the other footballers making headlines at Cheltenham we're mainly Villa Youth products.

It's a controversial opinion but I would sack pretty much all academy and coaching staff as well as transfer list all youth players aged over 21 who've not broken into the match day squad or are known to burn the candle at both ends. He's gone now but Chris Herd was like superhands from peep show for Christ sake it's all wrong has been for some time. 

Pretty much spot on. 

• Like 2

Maybe a stint in the championship will wipe that attitude out.  You cannot really give it the big one when you don't play In the top league anymore.   It should work in 2 ways players should want to move back to the top league so have to play/train better and harder to earn a move which if they actually did what they are supposed to would mean we should piss that league and they earn promotion to the top league with us. 

The only way they get back on the gravy train is to prove they are not as shit as the country thinks they are.  Otherwise no club will touch them with a barge pole.

The championship is nothing special but what it does have is dedicated hard working players we will see if this lot have the minerals to roll their sleeves up because if they do, they should have the extra quality to win their fair share of games.  Technical ability alone means nothing.

47 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Maybe a stint in the championship will wipe that attitude out.  You cannot really give it the big one when you don't play In the top league anymore.   It should work in 2 ways players should want to move back to the top league so have to play/train better and harder to earn a move which if they actually did what they are supposed to would mean we should piss that league and they earn promotion to the top league with us. 

The only way they get back on the gravy train is to prove they are not as shit as the country thinks they are.  Otherwise no club will touch them with a barge pole.

The championship is nothing special but what it does have is dedicated hard working players we will see if this lot have the minerals to roll their sleeves up because if they do, they should have the extra quality to win their fair share of games.  Technical ability alone means nothing.

I think their attitude will get worse.

These people don't have the brains/common sense to recognise and understand what you are describing here.

They're as thick as they are rich.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

why should Bannan care about Villa? He isnt even our player and is a Celtic fan

Not sorting out the terrible attitude of the players and assuming "they'll  be ok in the championship" is the reason QPR won't be getting promoted this year. 

I still maintain that binning the bums will be the most important part of our close season. 

Exactly. I mentioned it earlier but we are going the same way of QPR.

I can quite easily see the management thinking a change of manager should sort all the problems out when that is far from the truth.

Won't be cheap but it needs to be done to remotely stand a chance but we won't because we are doing things on the cheap so deserve what we get.

QPR found out late on which has put them in an awful position, we have a head start to avoid doing what they did. But we won't.

Â