Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

why should Bannan care about Villa? He isnt even our player and is a Celtic fan

You would assume he'd develop an affinity with the place, I'm 30 now but I look back on my school and formative years in early employment with a bit of affection and affinity for the people and places. Of course not everyone will but you'd expect something from a club that gave you your break.

Bannan was just to illustrate the point, most players in general don't care these days in reality but act like they do. Ours just seem to be past caring about even keeping up the pretence.

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

There is a glut of 'senior' players that need removing from the club due to their negative influence on the dressing room and drain on wage budget.

I don't care how they leave or for what price, just get them out of the club.

Top of the list for me are Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Guzan, N'Zogbia and Richardson (fortunately the latter two will be definitely leaving!)

The problem is, with Garde about to be sacked - will they all (barring CNZ and Richardson) get another 'second chance'?

If so, the same shit will happen when they inevitably decide not to play for the manager because he makes them train hard.

Regardless of the likes of Hutton, Cissokho and Westwood being 'poor', I can't question their attitude and wouldn't mind them sticking around next season.

Agreed. If I could choose just 7 to get rid of, that's the 7 I'd choose. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

There is a glut of 'senior' players that need removing from the club due to their negative influence on the dressing room and drain on wage budget.

I don't care how they leave or for what price, just get them out of the club.

Top of the list for me are Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Guzan, N'Zogbia and Richardson (fortunately the latter two will be definitely leaving!)

The problem is, with Garde about to be sacked - will they all (barring CNZ and Richardson) get another 'second chance'?

If so, the same shit will happen when they inevitably decide not to play for the manager because he makes them train hard.

Regardless of the likes of Hutton, Cissokho and Westwood being 'poor', I can't question their attitude and wouldn't mind them sticking around next season.

i agree with that list, and summation. Hutton, Westwood and Cissokho can probably help us try to get promoted next season and can stay on for that reason. The others can leave now and I wouldn't be sad to see them go.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No because the players walk all over him obviously. Just look at the performances they put in.

But they've been putting in shit performances for years. I think it's just as likely that Garde's tried to instill some discipline and these prima donnas aren't happy about it.

• Like 1

Not that Remi has done a good job but as we've seen the players don't give a **** about Aston Villa Football Club. Apparently David Ginola has spoken a few times with Garde. Nothing new perhaps.

“I’ve spoken to Remi many times,” Ginola said. “He said the attitude of the players isn’t bright. He also said that ‘I don’t think I have got the players to understand what keeping Villa in the Premier League means’. They are not ready to fight for the club. The attitude on the pitch isn’t right. I think he gave up.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bose said:

Not that Remi has done a good job but as we've seen the players don't give a **** about Aston Villa Football Club. Apparently David Ginola has spoken a few times with Garde. Nothing new perhaps.

And herein lies the problem. Absolute first grade tossers in the Squad. We have had 5 managers in 5 years FFS. It's not primarily the manager(s). Even Fergie could not have helped this shower of absolute shite.   

• Like 2

Were not going forward as a club with these players

They are rotten i'd get rid of the lot of them they are either not good enough or have shit attitudes

A complete and utter disgrace to the shirt and not one of them will shed a tear when we go down they will just find new clubs in the summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Were not going forward as a club with these players

They are rotten i'd get rid of the lot of them they are either not good enough or have shit attitudes

A complete and utter disgrace to the shirt and not one of them will shed a tear when we go down they will just find new clubs in the summer

We can only hope.

25 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If at all possible, I would keep Ayew, Amavi, Grealish, Traore and Veretout. The rest can **** off. 

Not Gana?

He has his drawbacks at this level, but in the Championship I think he'd be a very good player.

Possibly a stupid question but are not the players formally employees of Aston Villa? In any other business there may be legal grounds to terminate the (employment) contract for under performance, why not in football?  If the attitude is crap and if you do not contribute in a positive way or, conversely, is posion for the rest of the Group you would be sacked by any other employer so why not here? Just effing terminate the contracts if the attitudes are as shit as reported and take the legal battle thereafter.  FFS, there needs to be some limits as to what kind of shit this particular employer must accept.  I do understand the club would forego any transfer fees in this scenario but still - who would pay anything for these players anyway? 

• Like 2

Â