Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

I think for the Chelsea home game, it would be poignant to have our own version of the "3 rats" banner

"The 7 rats - Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Guzan, N'Zogbia, Richardson"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mwj said:

I think for the Chelsea home game, it would be poignant to have our own version of the "3 rats" banner

"The 7 rats - Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Guzan, N'Zogbia, Richardson"

Agree with them apart from Guzan.  I think he cares for the club, he's just crap.

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Robert Duverne was not exactly a tactful appointment from Garde when he came in. You just knew that would mean trouble

The difference between us and Spurs, is that Spurs shipped Townsend out when he complained about the training. We pandered to the rats

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mwj said:

The difference between us and Spurs, is that Spurs shipped Townsend out when he complained about the training. We pandered to the rats

The difference being that was Townsend complaining and not half of the first team squad. Plus Duverne has a history of causing problems

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

The difference being that was Townsend complaining and not half of the first team squad. Plus Duverne has a history of causing problems

What difference does it make? Because 6 rats complain instead of 1 then its ok?

45 minutes ago, mwj said:

What difference does it make? Because 6 rats complain instead of 1 then its ok?

It's a lot more than 6 that are not on board with Garde and Duverne

5 hours ago, Hughes said:

Possibly a stupid question but are not the players formally employees of Aston Villa? In any other business there may be legal grounds to terminate the (employment) contract for under performance, why not in football?  If the attitude is crap and if you do not contribute in a positive way or, conversely, is posion for the rest of the Group you would be sacked by any other employer so why not here? Just effing terminate the contracts if the attitudes are as shit as reported and take the legal battle thereafter.  FFS, there needs to be some limits as to what kind of shit this particular employer must accept.  I do understand the club would forego any transfer fees in this scenario but still - who would pay anything for these players anyway? 

You don't just write off a £10m 'asset'

I am sure the players fulfill the contractual obligations. They turn up on time, they do the bare minimum and they **** off home.

Edited by rodders0223

Just now, rodders0223 said:

You don't just write off a £10m 'asset'

I understand that but none of the current "candidates" should have a book value of anywhere  near 10 million.  Besides,  terminating contracts should also save lots of wages so should have a positive impact on the P&L. 

1 minute ago, Hughes said:

I understand that but none of the current "candidates" should have a book value of anywhere  near 10 million.  Besides,  terminating contracts should also save lots of wages so should have a positive impact on the P&L. 

I wish we could just tear up some contracts, I have no doubt the board do too but unfortunately it is not going to happen. Unless you want to either pay up the value of the contract, come to a mutual agreement (unlikely) or frame them for grooming a 15 year old girl we are stuck with them for the duration.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I wish we could just tear up some contracts, I have no doubt the board do too but unfortunately it is not going to happen. Unless you want to either pay up the value of the contract, come to a mutual agreement (unlikely) or frame them for grooming a 15 year old girl we are stuck with them for the duration.

Exactly, I think you are correct but that's what I do not understand. If they are employees (and, surely they are), they should be subject to the same rules which will allow employers to terminate contracts for much less than grooming girls etc. I guess football contracts are different and give players more protection, which quite frankly is completely wrong IMO (but that's a complete different discussion). 

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Are you saying that it is because of Garde and Duverne that a number of players are lazy, greedy, troublemakers.

There were already problems at the club, Robert Duverne is not the man to hire in the middle of a crisis, he went down like a lead balloon last time he was here and he was involved in numerous bust ups during his time with France which culminated in a massive bust up during the world cup led by Patrice Evra then of Man Utd. Trouble is never far from Duverne, he is very hardline and very critical which works sometimes but other times it becomes explosive and troublesome. I think Duverne was a bad appointment by Garde, I wasn't sure when he returned to the club given the trouble we had last time he was here. Duverne seems to be popular with people who are connected with Lyon like Garde and Houllier but I'm not sure how well received he is elsewhere. Probably done more harm than good IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Robert Duverne was not exactly a tactful appointment from Garde when he came in. You just knew that would mean trouble

Because he holds the players to decent fitness standards and makes them work for a living?

Good, it was badly needed. The fitness levels under Sherwood had become embarrassing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, benireduk said:

Do you think they will do a lap of appreciation after the last game?

If they do, I think I'd just boo and sing your not fit to wear the shirt

They'll probably jog about halfway round and then think 'nah..f@ck it. I'm knackered.'

• Like 2

Â