Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

id sack them all or make them all play for the reserve/B team, they are all a disgrace from playing staff to management

I agree. Some of these clowns should be made to train and play with the kids until June. They are an utter disgrace.

I wouldn't let them anywhere near our youth team.

They'd only poison their minds before they even get chance of first team football and the current 'don't-give-a-shit, look at my bank balance' culture will continue.

Simply, the likes of Gabby, Lescott, Richards just need to go. Pay their wages until the summer and put them on gardening leave, in the hope some other joke club wants to employ them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn't let them anywhere near our youth team.

They'd only poison their minds before they even get chance of first team football and the current 'don't-give-a-shit, look at my bank balance' culture will continue.

Simply, the likes of Gabby, Lescott, Richards just need to go. Pay their wages until the summer and put them on gardening leave, in the hope some other joke club wants to employ them.

Agreed. In footballing terms they're a disease - parasites basically.

• Like 3

The senior figures in the squad need to be removed either now or in the summer.  In any walk of life, it's the senior figures that influence the rest.  Replace these 3,4,5 with a new captain and possibly 1 or 2 new senior figures with the right attitude/mentality, then the training ground will be a better place in my opinion.  As an example, imagine having Gareth Barry again around the squad next season!   I don't for one minute think he would want to come back but there must be 1 or 2 out there that would fit the mould!

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Bang on.

Selling Benteke was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the camel was already in very, very poor health all around.

This started when MON left. Actually, it started when he was here and we put a lot of very average footballers on long and lucrative contracts. We could all see relegation happening several years ago, and if you look through this fine forum you'll see heaps and heaps of posts from years ago saying that relegation is absolutely inevitable unless something significant changes.

This is why it's not a player or a manager issue. We have a very different group of players to the team that finished 16th in 2011/12, but the ship has been steadily sinking since that point. It's an overall strategy problem, and the fish rots from the head

The man knows nothing about football......so how can he appoint people that do, sure he has advisers...... there may lie another problem.

How can you spot a problem when you don't know what you are looking for.

When O'Neill left it was like the captain of the Titanic jumping overboard and leaving everyone to it......Lerner had no football guidance......don't get me wrong, O'Neill was not perfect, not in the transfer market anyway....but he did have some leadership presence.

......Its just got progressively worse.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Still not fussed on Garde if i'm honest but agree on the general point we need to get rid of the players mentioned rather than give them another chance.

Which is my worry with Pearson for example really.

I don't Pearson or any new manager would be that ignorant really. It is easier enough to see that most of the players cant be bothered from the outside. 

I thought the same with Agbonlahor low and behold he is still here today. In my opinion no new manager will want to upset senior players when coming into a club no matter how poisonous they are which is why we are stuck with them unless they themselves move on or we pay them off.

I think Gabby is a huge problem, club captain and he literally doesn't care. 

It doesn't matter who we bring in, unless we get rid of the bums we will just be building on rotten foundations. 

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You know, I started out feeling a bit skeptical about this thread, but the last ten days or so has really convinced me that this is a huge issue. 

That shot shown on MOTD last night with players quite literally standing around in the lead up to City's 3rd(?) goal has shocked me to be honest. There are some real rocket polishers stealing a living out there. 

Absolutely this! I too watched in amazement at that footage last night.  2,3,4 players just standing watching City build up towards our box - Scandalous!  If I was Garde I would make the first team watch it over and over tomorrow, but doubt they would even care.  Club captain and team captain are just anything but and now need to sit in the stands!

Edited by ferguson1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You know, I started out feeling a bit skeptical about this thread, but the last ten days or so has really convinced me that this is a huge issue. 

That shot shown on MOTD last night with players quite literally standing around in the lead up to City's 3rd(?) goal has shocked me to be honest. There are some real rocket polishers stealing a living out there. 

I dont know i felt it was an important time for Gabby to check if his laces were untied

after about an hour he realised he was wearing loafers

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont know i felt it was an important time for Gabby to check if his laces were untied

after about an hour he realised he was wearing loafers

The thing is, they highlighted Gabby because he bent over to check his laces, which was humiliating and infuriating, but actually there were probably half a dozen other Villa players all in the same shot, and not one of them was running. Most were standing still, one or two were breaking out into a light trot, no one was actually moving to close down the opposition. 

That opposition was Man City, in case anyone has forgotten. Not a team to play walking football against. 

I often wonder if the players read Villa forums. I'd presume some of them lurk here from time to time. I hope threads like this give them food for thought. 

I wouldn't mind keeping Clark if we could get a leader in at CB to play alongside him. In fact, I think the perfect player to go alongside him next season would be Richard Keogh at Derby. They play together for the ROI and an international CB pairing hasn't done West Brom any harm. Keogh has loads of experience in the Championship and always looks an old-fashioned rugged type of defender who tries. He might instil more fight in Clark. In fact, I'd even contemplate giving someone like him the captaincy. 

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I often wonder if the players read Villa forums. I'd presume some of them lurk here from time to time. I hope threads like this give them food for thought. 

I'm not so sure most of them can read.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Â