Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

Cannot stand any of them. Would happily see them all released and replaced with our youth system (although if they're anything like Gabby or Grealish, I don't want them either). Just get 11 emergency loans from SHA for all I care.

• Like 4

How do professional players suddenly forget how to play? You take 11 strangers and they still know the purpose of the game. Our players don't seem to have any desire to score a goal. Our attacks are so ineffectual that the defense is under pressure for 90 minutes - no surprise that mistakes happen. If these players had been as bad as they look now how did they get here? Micah Richards and Lescott - were they this bad before they came here? I don't think so. And look at Lambert - a good manager before he came to us - seemingly awful with us - now he's moved on and is a good manager again. If this were a boxing match you'd be certain that we were throwing the fight.

5 minutes ago, brendanvillatalk said:

How do professional players suddenly forget how to play? You take 11 strangers and they still know the purpose of the game. Our players don't seem to have any desire to score a goal. Our attacks are so ineffectual that the defense is under pressure for 90 minutes - no surprise that mistakes happen. If these players had been as bad as they look now how did they get here? Micah Richards and Lescott - were they this bad before they came here? I don't think so. And look at Lambert - a good manager before he came to us - seemingly awful with us - now he's moved on and is a good manager again. If this were a boxing match you'd be certain that we were throwing the fight.

very good post. i'm still struggling to fathom out why Lambert went from managing a free flowing team at Norwich to being " stuck in a cars headlights" totally puzzled.

• Like 3

Attittude was fine first half.

Problem with this lot and has been all season is as soon as we're 1 down we fold like a pack of cards.

How many times have we actually got a result from behind in a game this season. I can only think of a couple over xmas and they were only drawa.

• Like 2

Pathetic set of bottlers. Never has a team rolled over and died so often. How many games have we lost in the last 5 years by imploding? 

Please be different villa and just sack them regardless of the consequences. We're being taken for mugs.

If they had an ounce of sense they'd call it off but as that won't happen I'd imagine Amavi will win based on the fact he is probably the only player who hasn't decimated his career in a single season.

Weird to the think that the year Ireland won will go down as a high point in history. Hindsights a crazy mo fo

I simply cannot believe the lack of pride and effort I would expect from professional footballers. The biggest problem we have as a club is the clowns who pulls on the shirt every week. To progress in any meaningful way we have to lose all the losers, time wasters and p*ss takers who fill our squad.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I really do wonder if things could have been different this season had we seen off that Leicester match. 

No.....its much,much,much deeper than one game.

This had been going on for years.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

i think there is something in why

• Aston Villa
  • Newcastle
  • Sunderland

are fighting relegation.

There are parallels between each club and for varying degrees are in the same boat.

Yep, no coincidence there. Although, for the record, I think Norwich and Newcastle will be the two joining us. Sunderland have a key ingredient in their fight for survival, their manager. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Did anybody watch Dream Team on SKY back in the day. There was one episode where the coach crashed and half the team died.

Was a good episode.

I laughed too much at this :unsure:

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

Yep, no coincidence there. Although, for the record, I think Norwich and Newcastle will be the two joining us. Sunderland have a key ingredient in their fight for survival, their manager. 

I agree.

The culture at the club has been wrong for some time, it's outdated hence off the field infrastructure not being in place (and now it is its people not qualified to do it) to the fact that if you go into a vip bar or lap dancing bar in Brum more often than not you will find a Villa player. About ten years ago I was in spearmint Rhino and in walked Whittingham, Ridgewell and another who I can't remember anyway Tuesday night it was champagne and money everywhere they must have been 20 at the time. I know lads who've played lower league and they all keep in touch as they've played for academy's etc and talking to them from Bannan to Herd & now Grealish it's been the same. We have a very real problem with professionalism at the club to go hand in hand with everything else. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

No.....its much,much,much deeper than one game.

This had been going on for years.

Bang on.

Selling Benteke was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the camel was already in very, very poor health all around.

This started when MON left. Actually, it started when he was here and we put a lot of very average footballers on long and lucrative contracts. We could all see relegation happening several years ago, and if you look through this fine forum you'll see heaps and heaps of posts from years ago saying that relegation is absolutely inevitable unless something significant changes.

This is why it's not a player or a manager issue. We have a very different group of players to the team that finished 16th in 2011/12, but the ship has been steadily sinking since that point. It's an overall strategy problem, and the fish rots from the head

• Like 2

Â