Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

Can't disagree with any of the post above to be honest. Richards is quite simply a terrible club captain and must be such a poor influence on the rest of the squad.  Petty of me here I know, but the fact he chews gum during games really bugs me too, smacks of cockiness and arrogance.  As I said in my previous post in this thread, our first signing in the summer needs to be our new captain!  Again, I am really not sure who or what position but we need a real leader and someone that sets an example to the rest.  Quite simply, we so lack a Barry, Petrov etc

Edited by ferguson1

On 2 March 2016 at 14:53, villarocker said:

Having an owner that was active around the workplace might just have inspired the players a bit more. Still, they get well paid and should definitely try harder and compete. 

The defenders are indefensible in my opinion. Pub players would do better! 

Bendall was an absent owner....but it didn't stop us winning the league.....I think that one is a bit of a red herring, to be honest.

However, equally I do share the view there has to be an air of authority, discipline and decisiveness about the place and I think that has been missing and that is down to Lerner not appointing the correct Management.

Yes, we certainly appear to have a deeply embedded culture of unprofessionalism and laziness at the club.

It would be one of the reasons, I would look to get of Gabby - our longest serving player.

Houllier came in and tried to change our training dynamics and faced squad opposition, Garde has done the same with the same result.

I got the feeling certain players liked Timmy because it was all a laugh and a bit of a boys club.

• Like 3

In a general sense, I get the impression from some fans think that certain footballer attributes are a given.....and they are not.....They should be, but they usually reflect the club.

we seem to talk about technical ability in every sentence......we mention tactics at every opportunity.

Rarely do I hear the essentials of Character, drive, meanness, toughness, durability, Resilience, Will, Heart....Desire.

Ron Saunders by word was 110% work rate.....Bill Shankly had similar values.

Some fans baulk at such comments as if they are all statutory, they are not......The club has to culture it.

While it is levelled we are not good enough......It could be argued that if some of the above attributes where employed, we could have stayed up.

we are a bunch of sorry arses.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Yes, we certainly appear to have a deeply embedded culture of unprofessionalism and laziness at the club.

It would be one of the reasons, I would look to get of Gabby - our longest serving player.

Houllier came in and tried to change our training dynamics and faced squad opposition, Garde has done the same with the same result.

I got the feeling certain players liked Timmy because it was all a laugh and a bit of a boys club.

You maybe right.

• Like 1

It's a bit sad because I used to love reading player threads and discussing/arguing a bit. Now I don't read them at all. There's no one to be a fan of. Yep, they've even ruined that piece of fun in my life.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Â