Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

i honestly think we should sell the entire first team

I wouldn't be adverse to binning off the lot of them either. Shame it won't happen.

Players I would like out the door this summer, in no particular order, Gabby,Lescott,Richards, Westwood, Guzan

35 minutes ago, KHV said:

Hutton, Bacuna, Kozak, Grealish, Traore, Okore,

I would take Traore off that list, which is all guesswork anyway. 

So basically the first team, according to you, with the exception of those new pesky foreign players.

Actually sounds about right. 

9 hours ago, mwj said:

The difference between us and Spurs, is that Spurs shipped Townsend out when he complained about the training. We pandered to the rats

well then Garde should have did what Spurs did instead of pandering to them and playing them everyweek

4 hours ago, benireduk said:

Do you think they will do a lap of appreciation after the last game?

If they do, I think I'd just boo and sing your not fit to wear the shirt

some of them rarely do a lap of the pitch during a game ;)

• Like 2

I think a really pertinent point was raised a few pages ago - we on paper have had (one of) the best youth team(s) for the past X years but who has really made it? We are taking / creating a team of the best ability of their age group, but none (or few of them) make it - it has to be down to attitude and us not bringing up players in the correct environment. 

We need to understand how much of this is McAndrew (if at all) and McDonald (remember the 6:0 Newcastle catastrophe cos they all went on the piss the night before). There is a lot more wrong in this club than just the owner and first team. 

6 hours ago, commander said:

I think a really pertinent point was raised a few pages ago - we on paper have had (one of) the best youth team(s) for the past X years but who has really made it? We are taking / creating a team of the best ability of their age group, but none (or few of them) make it - it has to be down to attitude and us not bringing up players in the correct environment. 

No it doesn't. Chelsea have spend a fortune on their youth team and have won the FA youth Cup frequently in the last few years. They haven't brought through any players into their first team either. There could be a hundred reasons why our youth team players don't make the grade, the mostly likely one being that they simply aren't good enough.

12 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Amavi Ayew

Only ones i'd keep

Not Gana? Even though his stats are equal to Kante but playing in sides with contrasting fortunes ? Also believe personally it would be too early to bin Veretout, plenty of players have struggled to make an impression in there first season then go on to become successful. ( Unless he is one of the bad eggs) keep him if he wants to stay and fight for the shirt. We can't keep ripping it up and starting again. A midfield of Gana Veretout Meireles(one can hope)  traore grealish could be pretty effective. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Source?

That's almost libellous. 

It's not too far fetched steveo. No idea if it's true but the recent comments in the media from various ppl who would know, seem to confirm what a few of us have suggested for a while - that the players are a total and utter disgrace. I can't believe they are STILL getting away with it on match days. I can not believe that villa park isn't a vile atmosphere for them week in week out.

But I don't go, so I can't complain I suppose.

Aston Villa

This is the team that lost 6-0 to Newcastle. When you think of the turnaround of players we have had you have to question just why are they are (allegedly) words removed?

What are we doing wrong?

Why are we a breeding ground for losers?

It has to come from the top.

This is where I get a bit myth'd with it all. Sure some people's record commands more respect than others. For instance, you wouldnt expect SAF to be viewed in the same light as let's say David moyes. 

However, I find it absolutely disgraceful that the players don't show respect to every manager that comes into a club. 

Sure, certain managers do things differently to others, people might not agree sometimes however they are THE manager and that alone should command the minimum respect.

People keep banging on about how we might be a few better points off had the board backed the manager. How about the players backed the manager. Bought into his training methods etc like they are bloody well paid to do. Then we might be a few points better off.

Doubt we will see any banners aimed at players though.

My son plays for a academy and even at that level you would be shocked that just the presence of some coaches walking past make the boys play 10% more.

Doubt we will see any banners aimed at players though.

I won't be at the Chelsea match but would love to see our version of the "3 rats" banner from someone

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dakid007 said:

My son plays for a academy and even at that level you would be shocked that just the presence of some coaches walking past make the boys play 10% more.

No I get that. You find another level sure. But there's a big difference between finding that extra 10% and choosing not to try at all.

All the best to your son btw. Hope is a Holte end hero one day :)

No I get that. You find another level sure. But there's a big difference between finding that extra 10% and choosing not to try at all.

All the best to your son btw. Hope is a Holte end hero one day [emoji4]

I agree but there is defo something wrong at villa. We keep saying massive clear out of players but it's getting worse. I firmly believe the coaching staff aren't up to the job. I would be happy seeing him play at villa park at any level

Â