The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

19 minutes ago, brommy said:

Confusingly, the EU has also stated it has no intention to build or pay for a border.

Yes there have definitely been mixed messages from them. Notably the Irish Government have said they do not intend to build a border. It has been a different story coming from EU bureaucrats though and the reality is they will need one. 

It would likely lead to a new push for reunification if it ever happened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Yes there have definitely been mixed messages from them. Notably the Irish Government have said they do not intend to build a border. It has been a different story coming from EU bureaucrats though and the reality is they will need one. 

It would likely lead to a new push for reunification if it ever happened. 

I assume the Irish government will maintain their right to refuse an EU request to build the border?

Assuming whether NI left the UK to join Ireland would be decided by a NI referendum, I’m left wondering what the likely outcome would be. Could it hinge on how future trade deals affect the NI economy or is the demographic stacked so heavily that the outcome is inevitable?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Has the woman who has refused to allow any sort of progress in the debate on Brexit for six months really just lectured every other MP on refusing to "Get on with it"?

She's mental.

The country teeters between No Deal and Revoking Article 50 while the woman in a position to make a decision sticks her fingers in her ears and maintains the ridiculous denial that everyone will vote a deal that nobody likes because she's the bestest and most cleverest so there.

Utterly insane. Utterly unfit for duty.

Well, yes.

But looking round at possible replacements, is there anyone better?  Donkeys led by donkeys.

Parliament should take control.  But it won't.

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

Well, yes.

But looking round at possible replacements, is there anyone better?  Donkeys led by donkeys.

Parliament should take control.  But it won't.

no

and that to me is the justification for a 2nd referendum, the sad state of affairs of our "leadership" was not what we voted for

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not what we voted for

I struggle to remind myself what I voted for,  let alone have a clear view on what 35m random others thought they were doing.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Has the woman who has refused to allow any sort of progress in the debate on Brexit for six months really just lectured every other MP on refusing to "Get on with it"?

She's mental.

The country teeters between No Deal and Revoking Article 50 while the woman in a position to make a decision sticks her fingers in her ears and maintains the ridiculous denial that everyone will vote a deal that nobody likes because she's the bestest and most cleverest so there.

Utterly insane. Utterly unfit for duty.

Whilst I agree, it could be argued that blackmailing Parliament into accepting her deal for fear of a no deal, is a clever way of getting her way.

What I don’t understand is why Parliament voted to restrict itself to leaving on 29th March 2019 no matter what the forthcoming negotiations turned up.

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

I struggle to remind myself what I voted for,  let alone have a clear view on what 35m random others thought they were doing.

I remember it so clearly.  I didn't care enough, nothing was bad enough, so why vote to change it?

Now this.  Oh joys!

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

At what point are these German car manufacturer's stepping in to protect their UK market?

Probably wondering if they have to because the deal is so easy to do, nothing's been easier ever

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

At what point are these German car manufacturer's stepping in to protect their UK market?

In all fairness to the Germans I think they are just getting on with the things. When VW announced last week 7000 job losses and that they were shifting significant production volumes to China and the US, I don’t think Brexit was mentioned as a factor by management, media outlets...or this forum. 

6 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Signed too. It will do nothing but it's making pretty rapid progress, 1k approximately every minute. 

Yep signed. Anyone know of a single one of these petitions actually changing something? You see loads of them but never hear anything come of it. 

10 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Yep signed. Anyone know of a single one of these petitions actually changing something? You see loads of them but never hear anything come of it. 

Lip service, one suspects that everyone who has signed it knows this, but what it does at least is give a verified (by the government itself) number to the strength of feeling in the country and also shows it per constituency

Its pointless but not pointless

I only got up 20 mins ago and its put on 50k in that time

I guess they might shit a brick if it reached 18 million people but that isn't going to happen

13 hours ago, blandy said:

To be fair to Catweazle, You have to draw the line somewhere - sharing a room with Hamas or the IRA is one thing, but Chuka Umunna is clearly much worse..

Agreed,  How he arranged the meeting with Hans Solo in that bar is anyone's guess also.  Solo,  was a known criminal at the time,  people and contraband smuggling I understand.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Haha 1

Â