The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

What's stopping her is the fact it'll tear the Tories in half. 

They work for us don't they? I don't disagree with your point, but it shouldn't matter if its for the good of the nation.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

They work for us don't they? I don't disagree with your point, but it shouldn't matter if its for the good of the nation.

Well that depends on your priorities doesn't it really? If it were me in that position it would be...

1. The country (not 'Will of the people')

2. Me - yep, I'm very important to me 😁

3. Party

I suspect the PM puts herself as 1, Party 2 and Country a distant 3rd.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Well that depends on your priorities doesn't it really? If it were me in that position it would be...

1. The country (not 'Will of the people')

2. Me - yep, I'm very important to me 😁

3. Party

I suspect the PM puts herself as 1, Party 2 and Country a distant 3rd.

I'd have said party above herself.  All her efforts seem designed to minimise the split in tory ranks, and she is going through enormous stress and humiliation in doing what she's doing.  Most people wouldn't still be trundling on.  It's a strength of sorts, and also a greater weakness.

No doubt she, like others, defines the best interests of the country as the path she has chosen, so it's difficult to rank that one, though most objective assessments would say that the country is suffering.

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

kind of ironic that Sturgeon has almost the complete opposite whereby  "will of the people"  was to stay and her parliament  are wanting a new independence  referendum every fortnight thus frustrating the will of the people

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

kind of ironic that Sturgeon has almost the complete opposite whereby  "will of the people"  was to stay and her parliament  are wanting a new independence  referendum every fortnight thus frustrating the will of the people

I know you're not being sincere, but the big selling point of staying in the UK, was EU membership. They will lose that membership, even though they voted to remain, so as Bercow would say 'circumstances have changed'.

• Like 1

I emailed my MP (Christopher Pincher) a while back, think I mentioned it. Can't remember if I posted the reply. Basically he is a leaver but has been voting to agree to May's deal as he wants the issue sorted ASAP (recognises the disruption caused). He also went on about Land Rover specifically as he is an owner of a Discovery and that he was annoyed about the production of that model being moved into Europe (didn't mention the XE & F-Pace models that have gone into Solihull).

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I emailed my MP (Christopher Pincher) a while back, think I mentioned it. Can't remember if I posted the reply. Basically he is a leaver but has been voting to agree to May's deal as he wants the issue sorted ASAP (recognises the disruption caused). He also went on about Land Rover specifically as he is an owner of a Discovery and that he was annoyed about the production of that model being moved into Europe (didn't mention the XE & F-Pace models that have gone into Solihull).

I've emailed mine (James Morris) as it's fairly quick and easy. He won't listen though as he's considered one of the "rising stars" of the tory party. Looking at his voting record he basically does whatever he's told. Pointless.

On a side note, he really really looks like a certain dictator from the 30's and 40's you might have heard of...

THQXVSJQXRGHXIE7IB3YG5HSTE

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I've emailed mine (James Morris) as it's fairly quick and easy. He won't listen though as he's considered one of the "rising stars" of the tory party. Looking at his voting record he basically does whatever he's told. Pointless.

On a side note, he really really looks like a certain dictator from the 30's and 40's you might have heard of...

THQXVSJQXRGHXIE7IB3YG5HSTE

I hope you asked him to do something about the recent chaos with train timetables.

• Haha 4

Just now, Rodders said:

how many people get that worked up about fireworks ffs

Sorry trivial compared to the brexit shitshow, but that's a weirdly large petition

It should put into some perspective, for people in this thread, that getting a million people to sign a petition at no cost and no effort to themselves is not nothing, but also not particularly important either. 

Â