The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's a bit unfair. I agree with Chris. The only response will be 'the people already voted' regardless of the numbers.

I don't think so. It's not a referendum, it's a petition. The two and entirely different and people have the right to express dissatisfaction with the current situation and be listened to with courtesy. Not just disregarded out of hand because 17.4 million people voted nearly 3 years ago based on lies, misinformation and a corrupt campaign.

We vote regularly in this country (more regularly than we should do, lately!) to change government if circumstances or opinions change. We're being denied that right and shouted down.

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's a bit unfair. I agree with Chris. The only response will be 'the people already voted' regardless of the numbers.

If it hits >17.5m the response will be "its fixed, its not accurate, you already lost...."

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

change government

Agree but I honestly don't think the ingredients are there to make anything other than a clown car of a Government no matter what combination you use or the public comes up with currently,  they have all said too much and entrenched themselves into a corner filled with mindless sound bites about Brexit.

Brexit was a loaded gun for Parliament but there are ways and means of being grown up's about any political crisis. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

If it hits >17.5m the response will be "its fixed, its not accurate, you already lost...."

i agree thats how it will go but people are on the attack after her awful speech last night and this is fuel to the fire, it flies in the face of what she said

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm a little surprised there haven't been any resignations or even rumours of resignations in the light of May's disgraceful rant last night.

Remainer cabinet ministers need to start taking this more seriously. She is a tin-pot dictator.

• Like 2

You know what's mad?

I'm leaving the UK tomorrow and won't be back until 31st March.

That's only a 9 day trip, yet I have no idea whether I'm coming back to the EU or not

40 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

How very simplistic...It must be nice to live in your world

Y'know what? It actually is nice to live in my world. When I close my eyes listening to music, I see abstract colours in a sort of kaleidoscope / lava lamp mash up. It's like a real endorphin pop. I can get high at a gig without substance abuse, and I've just booked gig tickets. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's worse than that. Let's say it eventually hits 5m signatures. 

The response will be "11m who originally wanted that must have changed their mind then".

It provides evidence for the exact opposite thing that they want, unless it hits the figure Chris refers to.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You know what's mad?

I'm leaving the UK tomorrow and won't be back until 31st March.

That's only a 9 day trip, yet I have no idea whether I'm coming back to the EU or not

As we spoke, I'm the same. Leaving the EU 28th, coming back 30th.

Mad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Remainer cabinet ministers need to start taking this more seriously. She is a tin-pot dictator.

Not just 'remainer' ministers, in my view.

Last night was a disgrace.

She needs to be forced out of office. She isn't fit to hold it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

As we spoke, I'm the same. Leaving the EU 28th, coming back 30th.

Mad.

i leave the UK on the 28th, got a meeting in Bonn to register myself as living there at 9.05am on the 29th, hopefully a short process!

i think if there's no deal i've got to do more registering by the end of July, if Mays deal goes through i have 2 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterms said:

I gather they've sent Chris Grayling down to the server room with a screwdriver and a hammer.

Unfortunately, a butler has been taken to hospital with a foreign object inserted in his rectum

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm not surprised there's been no meaningful reaction to her hissy fit last night. This Parliament is one of the worst in living memory for sycophants, careerists and a complete lack of conviction.

Yes, disappointed rather than surprised may have been more accurate. :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

you're only saying that in case it turns out @chrisp65 isn't as benevolent a dictator as he claims :)

• Like 3

Â