The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, ml1dch said:

I wouldn't worry about that - in the event of a crash-out, that'll probably be massively in surplus.

We export huge amounts every spring after lambing season, and in a crash-out we won't be an authorised export of animal produce to the EU.

So there will be huge stocks of it, and nothing but a domestic market to sell it in.

So prices will tank, meaning really cheap lamb for a couple of months. Then hundreds of sheep farmers going out of business, so very expensive lamb in the future. So your cost-effective looting will be next year.

Oh I don't eat them . They're just a high end masturbation aid.  My current one looks like Bill Guarnere's leg in Bastogne at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What I find most amazing is that having a 2nd referendum will apparently damage democracy, however putting the same deal through a 3rd time is absolutely fine 😂

Yeah it's amazing.

Leavers say we can't have another referendum because we can't just keep voting until the right side wins.

Yet she just keeps putting her deal through, presumably, until it gets passed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I've got my eye on some really nice legs of lamb in ASDA .

Just waiting for those sirens. 

Might grab a few chocolate trifles too if it goes postal.

AWenDOACQAIoyvD.jpg:large

remember nothing quite tells the government how dissatisfied you are with them like stealing a 5kg bag of tesco value basmati rice 

its how revolutions start

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The woman is shameless.

It's nice of them to let everyone know to go do something more useful at 8pm, like staring into the bowl of your toilet, or arranging all the books in your house using the Dewey decimal system.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we have a second referendum can Brexit be reversed? Article 50 revoked?

It can be revoked anytime up to the moment we leave, regardless of circumstances.

It's not going to be though.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we have a second referendum can Brexit be reversed? Article 50 revoked?

there wont be a 2nd referendum at all let alone by the 29th 

i might be wrong here but as it stands if we now sit here for 9 days and do nothing then we are out with no deal, so its - 

1) no deal - which our government said no but will automatically happen if nothing else does

2) mays deal - which our government said no

3) extend the date beyond the 29th - which the EU said no

4) revoke article 50....which they havent had a vote on, wont pass because its "undemocratic"

May knows this and is using it to bully people in to her deal

Edited by villa4europe

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

3) extend the date beyond the 29th - which the EU said no

No they didn't, they said no to June 30th, they told her this last week and I presume before that too. Yet she decided to ask for it anyway in full knowledge that it wouldn't be accepted. It's also important that this is pointed out because otherwise she gets to frame it as the EU saying No

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s so bad about her deal anyway?

Without going into long detail, Throbbers hate it because it will (they think, probably rightly to a degree) "Trap" the Uk into the Customs Union  - where we have to abide by EU rules on trade tariffs and such like, [ "trapped" because there's no solution to the NI border problem available - namely that you can't both have no physical border with Ireland (as per the International Good Friday peace treaty that brought an end to the NI troubles and killings) and also have a physical border [to ensure non EU (i.e. British post Brexit) goods get checked and the right standards and tariffs are applied and met.

So with no solution to that conundrum , May's deal means we have to be in the Customs Union to abide by the Good Friday agreement, which we can't duck out of.

The throbbers don't like the customs Union (even though it's not "the EU"). and they don't have a solution to goods checking that doesn't involve a border. Ergo we are "stuck" in their words in the CU - this is "the backstop" - stay in the CU until a solution is found (forever, as there isn't one).

Remainers and soft Brexiteers hate it because it's much worse than what we have now. We have pretty much the same rules for trade in goods as now, but we can't affect or alter them. The backstop included was actually a big climb down by the EU, but that's been forgotten, in all the noise and hypocrisy. If you want to remain, then it's obviously not remain. And if you want soft Brexit, then it's far too "hard". We're outside the Single Market. We lose the Single market which allows all members to sell stuff anywhere i the EU, for people to work anywhere in the EU, for services to be sold (Banking, Insurance etc) anywhere in the EU. Losing the CU and SM is why all these jobs and companies are clearing off out of the UK already, and we've not even left yet.

So, yeah, it's crap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â