The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I only got up 20 mins ago and its put on 50k in that time

I checked the difference between the number at 8.39 and at 8.40, and it increased by 7948 in that minute.

Probably a peak time, with lots of people doing stuff before settling down to work, but still impressive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Its pointless but not pointless

This. Its funny though that it has already got 200k more signatures than the "leave without a deal" petition that has been opened for some time (at least December 2018 when the Government responded to it). It is also the open petition with the most signatures. 

Will be utterly pointless but if the figures go high enough they can be indicative that a lot of people want a change in course. 

13 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

This. Its funny though that it has already got 200k more signatures than the "leave without a deal" petition that has been opened for some time (at least December 2018 when the Government responded to it). It is also the open petition with the most signatures. 

Will be utterly pointless but if the figures go high enough they can be indicative that a lot of people want a change in course. 

Crazy

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Crazy

The problem with this (and the maps used in the petition website as well) is that is represent different figures. The "leave without a deal" petition is at a scale between 0 - 1167 and the "remain" petition is between 0 - 3406. Its just hard to compare the 2. I would be interested to see an actual comparison though. 

11 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The problem with this (and the maps used in the petition website as well) is that is represent different figures. The "leave without a deal" petition is at a scale between 0 - 1167 and the "remain" petition is between 0 - 3406. Its just hard to compare the 2. I would be interested to see an actual comparison though. 

The petition website has constituency  maps on it

Just now, villa4europe said:

The petition website has constituency  maps on it

That has the same problem though and I think this is from what the twitter map gets its information from. Would check but the petition website is down... 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When it gets to 17.5 million it's of interest.

Could easily hit 1m.

Is there a list of most "popular" votes that have been conducted in this way? It might grab some more attention if it nears the top of that list.

Well considering just under half of the voters in 2016 wanted to remain, It shouldn’t be a surprise if the numbers are high for this petition.  The same people would be signing the petition regardless of how the negotiations were going. 

Its interesting but pointless. 

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

That has the same problem though and I think this is from what the twitter map gets its information from. Would check but the petition website is down... 

i was looking at it last night trying to do the same, its a different map from the twitter one but i cant remember what the bandings were

18 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

How very simplistic...It must be nice to live in your world

That's a bit unfair. I agree with Chris. The only response will be 'the people already voted' regardless of the numbers.

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i was looking at it last night trying to do the same, its a different map from the twitter one but i cant remember what the bandings were

It's back up and with having a quick glace, the numbers of the majority of constituencies appear to be around 600-750 for the "Leave Without a Deal" map, whilst the "Remain" map is 500-1000.

"Remain" Map

"Leave Without a Deal" Map

Â