The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Thank fook I've got an Irish passport now.

Did I mention I have an Irish passport?  A passport from Ireland.  An EU passport from Ireland.  One that allows me to freely pass ports in Ireland and in the EU. One that allows me to live and work in the EU.

One of those passports.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Did I mention I have an Irish passport?  A passport from Ireland.  An EU passport from Ireland.  One that allows me to freely pass ports in Ireland and in the EU. One that allows me to live and work in the EU.

One of those passports.

What colour is it?

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Maybe it’s just the Spanish who aren’t stamping then as I think all my European trips have been to Spain, Balearics, Canaries. 

I got stamped on my balearics once. Painful! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Xann said:

Screenshot2024-02-23at14_52_55.thumb.jpg.60422a0a31039314965804fdf7987f21.jpg

https://environment.data.gov.uk/dataset/21e15f12-0df8-4bfc-b763-45226c16a8ac

Though these figures are on the wonk because of the increase in monitoring.

If you're trying to get deeper into the matter then the surfers and Grauniad's reporting over the past years will add nuance?

So the monitoring is much better now but we don’t know if conditions are better or worse?

I had to get a British passport because I kept getting hassle coming back in. Last time from a lady with a thick Eastern European accent, where's the foreigner solidarity? 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So the monitoring is much better now but we don’t know if conditions are better or worse?

They're monitoring more, and better.

The total duration hours of monitored spill events between 2016 and 2020 goes up by a factor of 30, which seems quite extreme.

There has been more monitors installed too, so you'd expect the base rate to climb to a certain extent.

Then it gets more complicated, which is why it's handy to read the accompanying notes in the media that's watching, like the surfer collective and Grauniad. 

These VT threads don't slice so easily anymore. In this case because we've got changes from the wonky weather now, plus a shortage of public funds after being robbed and crashed.

We are getting more problem patterns of rain. Existing flood measures are inadequate and are getting overwhelmed more often. Money that would have paid for gradual improvement has been paid out as dividends.

Money for works at regional level to absorb more rain locally, rather than enter the waterways (ie less paving more grass) has been spaffed.

Tory Brexit problems are multiple pile ups now. Clusterfails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

One of those passports.

Ders more to Ireland dun dis

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Maybe it’s just the Spanish who aren’t stamping then as I think all my European trips have been to Spain, Balearics, Canaries. 

They stamp in Madrid too. 

On 23/02/2024 at 12:27, Genie said:

I've got stamps in mine from a couple of trips to Barcelona and Madrid

Also got stamps from Paris, Munich, Frankfurt and Turin

Maybe they just really trust you :) 

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got stamps in mine from a couple of trips to Barcelona and Madrid

Also got stamps from Paris, Munich, Frankfurt and Turin

Maybe they just really trust you :) 

I thought I’d made a mental note when going through customs to see if they stamped or not and believe they didn’t. I must be wrong.

My wife looks after the passports, she hands it to be before we go through passport control then collects again. It must look like I’m being trafficked :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Genie said:

IMG-4644.jpg

The day they admit it was a mistake will be a great day.

Even if it wasn't The Express I wouldn't believe a word that Call me Bad Enough said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

IMG-4644.jpg

I don't know about you but I think when you add "Great British" to the front of something it makes it at least 70, maybe even 100 times better.

Great British Power
Great British Rail
Great British Wind
Great British Bake Off

It's just makes me fell like Winston Churchill is in the room with me telling me everything is going to be alright chap and we're going to beat those Bratwurst eating so and so's.

• Like 1

Did they sort the signage out yet on the Dartford tunnel? JRM had it at the top of his list of things to sort out.

Also the red tape, I guess all that has gone now and we can trade with much less admin than before?

3 hours ago, Genie said:

IMG-4644.jpg

Well that's a **** relief.

I'll get on the phone with the bank and let them know there's some sort of mistake with my business current account.

• Like 2

Brexit Benefit!

The party of small government didn't think this one through did they!

Civil service nearly 100k bigger since Brexit but 'no clear vision' of policy, report warns

LBC

Who would have thought that taking all regulation back in house would have created more civil service jobs. Doh!

• Like 2

Â