The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Completely on team HKP90. Brexiteers all shat in our collective bed. Now they are suffering. And as pointed out, not one of them is willing to admit they **** us all with their blinded racism and xenophobia.

No sympathy here either. **** em. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

And this is how I am also torn internally. As I said I'm normally extremely tolerant and easy going. Look at my posts over the years, and I'm always firmly planted in the rational (I am a scientist), but man this divided my family and friends in ways I never thought possible, and it's hard to be rational on this subject. Hard for me anyway. It runs too deep and caused too much hurt. 

This is admittedly an extreme example and not entirely analogous  but the principal of the timeline is valid.

South Africa. Apartheid falls. The truth and reconciliation came later. That, it seems to me, is the natural order of things wanting it the other way around will never work.

It really isn’t about being the bigger person it’s about getting what you lost back faster.

On 22/01/2024 at 19:31, Wainy316 said:

My (and the wife’s) parents getting on a bit is the absolute only reason I am raising my son in this country. 

Likewise. The SECOND we no longer have extended family here, I’m leaving and never ever coming back. 

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is admittedly an extreme example and not entirely analogous  but the principal of the timeline is valid.

South Africa. Apartheid falls. The truth and reconciliation came later. That, it seems to me, is the natural order of things wanting it the other way around will never work.

It really isn’t about being the bigger person it’s about getting what you lost back faster.

I'll never get back what I lost. There is a family funeral next week that I am not invited to that is testament to that. 

37 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'll never get back what I lost. There is a family funeral next week that I am not invited to that is testament to that. 

I wasn’t talking about your personal relationships. 

Most people who voted leave did so because they believed politicians who turned out to be liars. These same politicians turned from pro stay to leave when they realised it could get or keep them elected, or getting the top job.

It was selfishness on another level from our leaders and they should be dragged over the coals for it, not the voters who believed in them, it was and still is disgraceful what happened and we're now all having to piece our country back together from the mess these liars have left us in.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, tinker said:

Most people who voted leave did so because they believed politicians who turned out to be liars. These same politicians turned from pro stay to leave when they realised it could get or keep them elected, or getting the top job.

It was selfishness on another level from our leaders and they should be dragged over the coals for it, not the voters who believed in them, it was and still is disgraceful what happened and we're now all having to piece our country back together from the mess these liars have left us in.

They made it very clear we wouldn’t lose anything, however we’d gain plenty. If you’re the trusting kind then it was a simple choice to vote leave.

29 minutes ago, Xann said:

Jail or shoot the architects and salesmen of the Brexit blag and I'm golden.

The fact that scum like Arron Let's Party With The Russian Ambassador  Banks is cleaning up by selling health insurance, whilst the Tory filth dismantle what was our NHS, boils my piss.

You won’t find me disagreeing with that,

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Jail or shoot the architects and salesmen of the Brexit blag and I'm golden.

The fact that scum like Arron Let's Party With The Russian Ambassador  Banks is cleaning up by selling health insurance, whilst the Tory filth dismantle what was our NHS, boils my piss.

They just have to be held to account, asked what happened to their promises and when are they going to be delivered, instead we have Rees Mog blaming everyone and telling anyone who will listen that we have a great deal, dear oh dear.

Hard to believe that with all this freedom we have and the the AMAZING trade deals we've signed and the bonfire of regulations to help businesses that we've kept into recession. 

It's alright though, The European Union NEARLY went into recession too. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hard to believe that with all this freedom we have and the the AMAZING trade deals we've signed and the bonfire of regulations to help businesses that we've kept into recession. 

Government spokes bod well ahead of you. They were saying yesterday that its only a ‘technical recession’ and they don’t really count.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Government spokes bod well ahead of you. They were saying yesterday that its only a ‘technical recession’ and they don’t really count.

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But, but, Germany have some issues 

• Like 1

The deeply technical explanation yesterday was this:

the economy went down a little bit last month. It also went down a little bit the month before. So that’s two months of going down a little bit. But if you think about it, that’s the same as one month going up a bit, and one month going down a bit more. It’s the same, but the down bit would only be for one month and we’d still be in the same place. So it’s not really a problem.

The ever sharp Nick Robinson just let that go uncommented on.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

To be called a recession doesn’t it need 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth? Thats a bit more than a bad month blip.

All going well then.

• Like 1

Â