The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Where was this?

Can't link it on my phone but it was Tory Dan Hannan saying this morning that people expecting immigration to fall will be sadly disappointed.

EU leaders are going to meet in Brussels next week without the UK present to decide their stance for the withdrawal negotiations, Sky’sFaisal Islam reports.

We're really out of the club. :( 

The vote's barely over and the Leave campaign are already backtracking on their NHS and Immigration claims.

Probably the two things that won them the vote.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Farage has already said that that was a li... Sorry, 'mistake' this morning.

When Cameron promised the electorate that he would reduce immigration from X to Y and he knew this to be a lie and the population fell for it now looks to have influenced the result,  the posters and dialogue from people like Farage might not have been so effective.  I think that promise was taken by a lot of people as a definite,  silly silly man Cameron.  There is a definite correlation between the amount of migration in an area to which way it voted,  anyone with a brain can see that from the results.  Cameron must have known his dishonestly might come back to haunt him ? 

Farage might have made a mistake with a poster on a bus,  Cameron has not only picked the wrong horse for years and years but I think he chopped one of the horses legs off a long time ago and the population are making him pay, rightly or wrongly.  I truly believe immigration was at the top of the majority's minds.  Whether or not you agree with them or not,  they now know they have the power to slap down the London elite at will.  It is monumental in my lifetime but from a neutral (and I am an economic migrant,  lets not forget) I am a bit worried.

There was a post about older people all voting to leave,  my only view on this is that they,  they more than the young people have lived in the EU and experienced what it has to offer them,  if they have benefited so much from it with adequate health care now and money in their pockets after 40 years,  surly they would have voted to stay ? They haven't and they didn't it seems.

There are mistakes and their is Cameron and Osbourne,  nobody believed them in the end and they are so far away from the normal person on the street its embarrassing.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The vote's barely over and the Leave campaign are already backtracking on their NHS and Immigration claims.

We're calling everything "projects" now aren't we, for some reason? Well this is certainly project **** bullshit. That anyone that isn't intellectually subnormal saw through weeks ago. Eugh.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We all knew it would happen. **** experts, lets vote with our gut! Sovereignty! Wooooo!

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

So it's a guess then? Is that right?...or am i still confused?

Please enlighten me, coz im really fick

An educated guess. As I've argued countless times in the run up to the referendum, the general population are very under informed on the EU. Hence my saying many are likely to be ignorant. And it's doubtless that a number of voters of Leave will be racist and or xenophobic.

As for your intelligence, I couldn't possibly comment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Prime Minister Boris, please no no no no no no no.

Why? I don't live or work in the city so don't really know about London. But people who I know who work there say he did an excellent job. Yes me comes across as eccentric, but that doesn't mean he isn't an educated man.

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

There was a post about older people all voting to leave,  my only view on this is that they,  they more than the young people have lived in the EU and experienced what it has to offer them,  if they have benefited so much from it with adequate health care now and money in their pockets after 40 years,  surly they would have voted to stay ? They haven't and they didn't it seems.

Well the ECC was founded in the 50s so for someone to be conscious of its impact would need to be in their 20s around then with an experience of what it was like yo be an adult in that time. Let's say that would make them 85 today. Everyone else has lived in a world with the situation we are leaving. 

Everything from here is guesswork and this decision isn't going to effect them 

Â