The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

At least it's good news for Ireland and Germany.

It's terrible news for Ireland and will have a huge impact on the irish economy. The UK is ireland's biggest trading partner and we're the only country with a land border with the UK.

Edited by villa89

Oh, dear. This could get unpleasant.

I don't care much for the EU, and certainly not for Cameron. But you guys have just handed Nigel Farage his triumph and gave control of the Conservative party to its extra nasty elements. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cameron will stay on as PM until the Tories appoint a new leader, who becomes the new PM.  There are still another 4 years of this parliament to go before an election can be called.

Should they call one ( A general election ?)   ,if the PM and his special friend Osbourne, who are top people in the governing part are rejected then is it right the current Parliament carries on like nothing has happened + the fact that 150 k of people decide on the next PM is a bit weird.  

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

They can call an election anytime can't they, the maximum is the full term but there's no minimum 

We now have fixed term parliaments of 5 years unless I believe two-thirds of MPs agree to an election.  Even under these circumstances I can't see the Tories giving up their first majority in over 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

They can call an election anytime can't they, the maximum is the full term but there's no minimum 

I'm pretty sure it's five years, unless there's a vote of no confidence, or a vast majority of MPs vote in favour of a general election.

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's terrible news for Ireland and will have a huge impact on the irish economy. The UK is ireland's biggest trading partner and we're the only country with a land border with the UK.

I suspect there will be a huge number of businesses considering Ireland as a location for their European headquarters, which may help.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a united Ireland within ten years, either.

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Just heard a Leave voter say 'Nicolas Farage will probably be the next PM now' 

There are no words. 

He must be delighted that we're getting our country back, and we're sending all of those Muslamics back wherever it is in Europe they're from. Muslamia probably , I don't know.

There ain't no brown in the union...erm...gown?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Knew this would happen, you simply can't underestimate the volume of ****-tards this country has. I hope the pro-leave are happy for obvious consequence, which is several years of truly awful economic performance in this country. Dickheads.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yes, Ireland have been doing extremely well over the past 5 or so years, lead by strong exports, but this is about to change quite dramatically.

Â