The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

17 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

In my humble opinion, the fear vote was remain, fear of leaving the status quo, fear of going alone, fear of standing up for ourselves.

I find a lot of the leave voters saying things like this but unable to say what any of this actually means or how it isn't the case already

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's terrible news for Ireland and will have a huge impact on the irish economy. The UK is ireland's biggest trading partner and we're the only country with a land border with the UK.

If Ireland are clever they can position themselves as the English speaking gateway to Europe. They could be the new European base for loads of global companies and really clean up. 

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps I'm demonstrating some 'fascist tendencies' here but I believe that parliament should absolutely overrule this decision.

So you have a referendum and simply overrule the decision if the vote doesn't go the way you want it. 

I thought those of us that voted out were meant to be the brain dead imbeciles. 

Just now, av1 said:

So you have a referendum and simply overrule the decision if the vote doesn't go the way you want it. 

I thought those of us that voted out were meant to be the brain dead imbeciles. 

It's an insurance policy against the brain dead imbeciles.

• Like 1

Tony Blair Says He Is Sad For UK, Europe And World

The former Labour PM blames the Labour leadership for its "lukewarm" campaign and its failure to convince Labour voters that this was not a protest vote against the Government.

He says David Cameron has done the right thing in deciding to stay until October to try to help stabilise the country.

Mr Blair says the answers to the strains globalisation places on a country is not to "shut ourselves off from the world".

He says there is a big issue for the centre ground politically at the moment at countries polarise.

Mr Blair says the Labour party has got to get itself together or Nigel Farage is going to be the one that sets out the vision for the future.

He adds we "cannot take our country back to a time that doesn't exist anymore".

Here

I dont usually agree with Bliar but bloody hell he looks worried and I share that sentiment. 

Honestly the ebst thing to happen (as selfish as this seems) is a domino effect where you have other countries like greece and italy pull out the eu making it collapse then I think we might have a chance to become strong again. Leaving now makes us small fry I feel

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mark Carney looks like Tom Fox.

If there's one thing I'm thankful for it's the fact that we have a genuine world class governor of the Bank of England. He's probably the best in the business as far as I'm concerned and has demonstrated terrific crisis management skills in the past when he ran the Canadian central bank.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Honestly the ebst thing to happen (as selfish as this seems) is a domino effect where you have other countries like greece and italy pull out the eu making it collapse...

Are you still of fighting age?

• Like 1

I'm getting a little sick of all the doom merchants. We actually do not know whats going to happen. This could be great, could be bad.

Markets always crash over uncertainty - it's normal. It will recover. The pound has dropped, but its minutely lower than it was in February (the pound artificially increased at the thought of remain winning).

Our trade will be fine. In simple terms, do you think Germany are not going to want to sell their nice care to the fifth biggest economy on earth? Do you think all countries in the EU will stop trading to the fifth biggest economy on earth. 

The biggest part of this whole ordeal is who, how and the terms of the new trade deals. That will literally govern everything. 

Before people jump on me, I actually voted remain. 

Edit: This almost guarantees another Scottish referendum. 

Edited by pas5898

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have a horrible feeling this is going to get very nasty. The country is pretty much split 50/50 about it.

51/49 ;)

But it's okay, the 49% is made up of the brightest minds, the wealthiest, the youngest.

Now we just have to figure out who will clean our chimneys, working our factories and do our plumbing :lol::P

He adds we "cannot take our country back to a time that doesn't exist anymore".

One of the few things I've ever agreed with Tony Blair about.

We have royally **** our finance and services industries. We'll all have to go down the mines and mine the natural resources we don't have anymore.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have a horrible feeling this is going to get very nasty. The country is pretty much split 50/50 about it.

Wll boris johnson has been abused by some cyclists as scum. so its already happening wait until shit really hits the fan

Â