The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I cannot believe that fear of immigrants has won...

Never really understood why a referendum was necessary. Clear majority of MPs (450 I think) were remain. The whole issue is damn well massive and complicated. The arguments got completely lost in "they took are jobs" which is wrong anyway!

What bugs more me is that leave now saying "shouldn't do it by the EU regs way" do it our own way so we can argue better agreements. Well surely if our ones at the moment so so bad wouldn't you want to just get the **** out?! 

Will be interesting to see what the EU now say and whether they will renegotiate the terms for Britain to stay and make the referendum void as "we weren't voting for THAT union". 

All this is going to do is cause utter chaos, and the majority of people AGREED with Farage and ******* UKIP!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Still, why am I so depressed right? Now we've got £350m a week to spend on the NHS!

Dont worry Farage just came out and said it was a mistake to say that and they didn't mean it

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I'm not surprised. Hence why I bet on a leave vote yesterday.

I'm massively disappointed in my unfortunately fellow Britons. I would wager next to none of them know the actual impact of this vote, and I hope they're watching the news this morning, watching the pound tank, watching the discussion of the break up of the Union potentially looming, and starting to comprehend that they've committed seppuku.

Of course they won't be. No matter how bad it gets, it'll never be their fault, they'll just find somebody else to blame. Probably immigrants I guess. 

Just about to go to work, and boy can I not wait! Chance to sit at a desk with six other people who have never shown the slightest interest in any of the issues, yet all of whom Voted Leave yesterday. Good good!

I think many turkeys will soon discover they've just voted to sign away what remaining workers rights they have, and lost opportunities. I work at a University which like many others benefits massively from EU colllaboration and funding. Still as the majority decided "**** experts, **** credentials, **** the benefits of researched knowledge because its a "conspiracy" we may as well just get rid of education altogether. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course they won't be. No matter how bad it gets, it'll never be their fault, they'll just find somebody else to blame. Probably immigrants I guess. 

Just about to go to work, and boy can I not wait! Chance to sit at a desk with six other people who have never shown the slightest interest in any of the issues, yet all of whom Voted Leave yesterday. Good good!

Oh I know. I just need to imagine some schadenfreude.

My office is pretty heavily remain because of the industry and the profile of employee suggests heavy support for Remain, but frankly I don't think I could face the post mortem, so thankfully I'm out and about.

Just now, gharperr said:

just how!?

To be fair, he did say 'long term'. Maybe by 2050 the damage will have passed. 

7 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Dont worry Farage just came out and said it was a mistake to say that and they didn't mean it

But . . . but  . . . but . . . but they said. What happened to the £350m/week? NHS has a :(

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Oh I know. I just need to imagine some schadenfreude.

My office is pretty heavily remain because of the industry and the profile of employee suggests heavy support for Remain, but frankly I don't think I could face the post mortem, so thankfully I'm out and about.

I truly envy you. 

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

just how!?

It's the belief i have i don't know why i just have a good feeling right now and will probably skip into work this morning maybe it's just elation and the fact leaving was something i felt so passionate about

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's the belief i have i don't know why i just have a good feeling right now and will probably skip into work this morning maybe it's just elation and the fact leaving was something i felt so passionate about

So you ignored the experts because of a feeling in your gut?

• Like 2

Cameron and Osborne must be truly hated and detested by the majority of voters,  makes you wonder if threatening people was a step too far.  Look at the team they lost to,  totally embarrassing for them. 

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

There's not much correlation with age, but there's a huge correlation with having no further education and voting to leave. Who would have thought?

I guess I'll be spending my weekend job hunting, this might be the time to relocate..

• Like 2

Â