The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Chaos, carnage and down right depressing. people just vote out of protest instead of doing their research and thinking whats going to happen. Us in people all wraned of this carnage let people called us scaremongering

But wahey are are free :wave:

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Really wish I'd booked today off work, ugh.

I did,  just in case this happened.  I went to bed sort of knowing the result about an hour after Newcastle and Sunderland.   It was pretty clear then but I still got up at 6.00 am (NL Time) to catch it with 12 or so to declare.  Pretty tired now though as have only had 3 or 4 hours of good sleep.  I think my brain is still trying to process the events but its taking up a lot of processing power.  

It does highlight that polls have got it totally wrong again which leaves me to think that either people lie to them on purpose or they genuinely have not got a clue wtf is going on. Also,  for the 1st time I think,  the bookies got it more wrong than the polls.  I saw 1/7 for remain at one point this week,  that's market driven so wtf was going on there then ?  I will shut up now :(

Ever been watching a game of football where a team is 2-0 down and everyone scrambles to social media to vent about how the manager is shit , the players are shit and they all need to be sacked

and then the team comes back and wins 3-2 and you've made yourself look rather stupid on the Internet 

its kinda like that out in the world at the moment just instead of the manager being  rubbish all 17m people that voted leave are ignorant , imbeciles , racists and so on and so on

markets fall and then markets rise again , your nice french neighbour who you've lived next to for 30 years won't be deported in the morning , you won't go to hospital today and die ( well no more than usual !! ) your bmw won't activate it's self destruct button

it's half time folks , stop the hysterics and lets see if Pele is going to come back on the pitch 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Same. I'm on my way in, and it's bizarre seeing people acting like it's any other day.

But is just another day, there's nothing you can do about it...

What else would you do, sit at home crying into your rice krispies?

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Possibly knee jerk, but I reckon it'll be some years before we get back to yesterday's economy 

Pretty much, expect lower than the low growth we have had for a number of years. It's going to get very bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There will of course be a massive domino effect, expect things to kick off in Greece, Netherlands, France and Spain at least.

I am watching the Dutch news at the moment,  not good.  They really,  really did not see this coming.  Some of them are shocked to the core as they were reporting all week it looks very very likely remain will win.  Gert Wilders (Makes Farage look like Dale Winton) is all over the news asking for a Dutch referendum.  A lot of Dutch are proper fed up with,  yes, you guessed it,  immigration also.  

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pretty much, expect lower than the low growth we have had for a number of years. It's going to get very bad.

The economy ebs and flows - you can't always manage it.

I fear more a world with a more powerful Boris Johnson and perhaps Donald Trump. Get them in - get it over with - then perhaps we can start rebuilding.....

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

But is just another day, there's nothing you can do about it...

What else would you do, sit at home crying into your rice krispies?

Talking more about listening to the bullshit being rolled about at work.

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I did,  just in case this happened.  I went to bed sort of knowing the result about an hour after Newcastle and Sunderland.   It was pretty clear then but I still got up at 6.00 am (NL Time) to catch it with 12 or so to declare.  Pretty tired now though as have only had 3 or 4 hours of good sleep.  I think my brain is still trying to process the events but its taking up a lot of processing power.  

It does highlight that polls have got it totally wrong again which leaves me to think that either people lie to them on purpose or they genuinely have not got a clue wtf is going on. Also,  for the 1st time I think,  the bookies got it more wrong than the polls.  I saw 1/7 for remain at one point this week,  that's market driven so wtf was going on there then ?  I will shut up now :(

would you tell a random stranger how you voted so that they can call you an imbecile , racist , mass murderer etc ?

i think a lot of leave momentum came from postal votes cast weeks back though , would be interesting to see the figures on those 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

would you tell a random stranger how you voted so that they can call you an imbecile , racist , mass murderer etc ?

i think a lot of leave momentum came from postal votes cast weeks back though , would be interesting to see the figures on those 

Yep,  nail on head there,  that explains some of the polls I suppose but the bookies is an odd one.

Â