Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

50 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Why wouldnt it? These protests have been aimed at the board and Lerner. Meanwhile the players have been strolling around on the pitch and off it. About time they had some abuse

The thing is though, they have had plenty of abuse and deservedly so. If it's not perfectly clear that we hate them for what they've done to our great club then they must be even more thick than we realised. The players know we hate them, the press know we hate them, other team's fans know we hate them. Continued booing of every touch won't change anything. It might make fans feel better, but why not do something positive? 

The last home game of our premier league era should be a positive celebration of Aston Villa. I'm not saying support the team. But support the club. A party atmosphere, singing the names of players that cared from our past. Villa til I die, Holte Enders in the sky. Let's show the world what fantastic fans we are and it's the fans that matter. Long after these arseholes have gone, we'll still be here. 

UTV

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

They'll relabel it a "lap of appreciation" or something similar.  The club will have to eat the inevitable shit sandwich on this one, a few minutes of being booed if they do a lap is probably less damaging than allowing disgruntled supporters to spend the whole summer saying that the players couldn't even be arsed to acknowledge the fans at the end of the season. 

Maybe the players could make an apology. kind of either via their own banner, or via the PA system "We accept we've let you down and we've let the club down. We accept the criticism is valid and we vow to make it up to you next season" or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

The thing is though, they have had plenty of abuse and deservedly so. If it's not perfectly clear that we hate them for what they've done to our great club then they must be even more thick than we realised. The players know we hate them, the press know we hate them, other team's fans know we hate them. Continued booing of every touch won't change anything. It might make fans feel better, but why not do something positive? 

The last home game of our premier league era should be a positive celebration of Aston Villa. I'm not saying support the team. But support the club. A party atmosphere, singing the names of players that cared from our past. Villa til I die, Holte Enders in the sky. Let's show the world what fantastic fans we are and it's the fans that matter. Long after these arseholes have gone, we'll still be here. 

UTV

Spot on!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

Maybe the players could make an apology. kind of either via their own banner, or via the PA system "We accept we've let you down and we've let the club down. We accept the criticism is valid and we vow to make it up to you next season" or something.

That would be the decent thing to do.

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

I can't see how that would work to be honest.  The players have been promising to not be shit for about five years and they've only got worse.   I'd say do the lap, suck it up and move on.  Any deviation from that would just add fuel to the fire. 

With regards to the protest, I can understand Richard's question about where the protest is going. But, I also hear the argument from the protesters because there's no guarantee that a sale will go through and we, the fans, need to know what Lerner plans to do in that instance. 

14 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Why wouldnt it? These protests have been aimed at the board and Lerner. Meanwhile the players have been strolling around on the pitch and off it. About time they had some abuse

How long are the players going to be abused? I think the point has been made already and enough abuse has been given. What if there is no takeover, what if some of the players are still here next season. Are you going to continue next season too? Are other players going to want to come here next season? The longer it goes on it just makes the club look worse. If you don't want to support the players then simply stay away. Home games at Villa Park are embarrassing and get more embarrassing each week.

• Like 2

I won't be able to attend this game because of a stag do, but I hope it's a massive party atmosphere with streamers, scarfs, inflatables, balloons, banners and, most of all, a great atmosphere! No Tv clips of our fans crying when we play our last Premier League minute!

Strangely, I also wasn't able to attend the Villa v Newcastle game when we sent them down a few seasons ago.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blandy said:

I don't blame the players for being crap, or past it, I blame the man at the top for continuing to sign this type of rubbish for nearby 6 years now. He is the sole cause of the club's demise so fan should concentrate on him, Randy Lerner. Look to the cause, not the symptoms. 

• Like 1

How long are the players going to be abused? I think the point has been made already and enough abuse has been given. What if there is no takeover, what if some of the players are still here next season. Are you going to continue next season too? Are other players going to want to come here next season? The longer it goes on it just makes the club look worse. If you don't want to support the players then simply stay away. Home games at Villa Park are embarrassing and get more embarrassing each week.

Might aswell applaud them on their lap of honour just incase they are here next season. Jogging around the pitch not giving a toss and being idiots on social media. Yea just leave em to it

In all the over 50 years i have supported our club, i have never felt so disconnected with it.

I understand the rallying call from the likes of Tom Hanks, its very noble of him and well intentioned.

in the past we have had folk running the club who have been despised, but what kept us going was the affection for the players.....that too has now been challenged by these self centred mercenaries, whose only disruption to their weekly life is match day....what a bind and a drag.

Its all so sad.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

UTV

This, with lots of gallows humour thrown in. 'Let's pretend we scored a goal' and songs along that line. Makes for a party atmosphere while still making it clear that the players aren't good enough. 

Â