Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ha! My apologies.

I took Mike's quote to be correct so just found the post that matched the words, rather than the username.

Sorry bud.

An easy mistake to make it seems, don't sweat it. It made me laugh.

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

No worries, it's fine. 

I'm just glad I haven't got dementia just yet, it's not like me to say things and have no memory of it. 

Sorry again. I am now worried that I actually do have dementia! :-)

Party theme is awesome! No one cry for sky. Let's just have a **** blast!!! 
What type of inflatables are people taking? I'd like to purchase some! 

I think we should start the "protest on 74" by doing a chorus of the following on the 73rd minute...
"Let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend we've scored a goal"
Everyone then goes nuts, and we start the party! 

Edited by PieFacE

Looking forward to Saturday now, like others have said lets go out with a bang at VP, regardless of what's happening on the pitch. Will be quite a sight seeing thousands of balloons being released along with the beach balls and whatever else people take!

Anyone who hasn't donated towards the costs of it, let's try and reach the target before the weekend, to thank all the organisers for their hard work by not leaving them too out of pocket, a few more fivers and tenners will do it: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The Newcastle fans are planning whose your next messiah William or Harry.

so lame using our own slogans because they are so lame to come up with their own

Prince William is an Arsenal fan anyway. They'd have been better with "who's your messiah - Ozzy Osborne?"  

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

so lame using our own slogans because they are so lame to come up with their own

Let them bring whatever banners they like, it only draws more attention to how badly the club is being run, which we're all trying to do anyway. Every banner they bring only supports our cause. 

52 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Prince William is an Arsenal fan anyway. They'd have been better with "who's your messiah - Ozzy Osborne?"  

Who's your next messiah ? Citizen Khan ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They're not too bright up there are they? It was only funny because of the big deal they made about Keegan being the messiah. Maybe occasionally MON had it tagged with him but it's not really the same.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

They're not too bright up there are they? It was only funny because of the big deal they made about Keegan being the messiah. Maybe occasionally MON had it tagged with him but it's not really the same.

It wouldbd hilarious if they were mocking us all gAme and then we got a last minute winner and put them in relegation turmoil again 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It wouldbd hilarious if they were mocking us all gAme and then we got a last minute winner and put them in relegation turmoil again 

I was thinking that, how funny would it be if we actually won the game with a last minute goal. Stranger things have happened! 

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Party theme is awesome! No one cry for sky. Let's just have a **** blast!!! 
What type of inflatables are people taking? I'd like to purchase some! 

I think we should start the "protest on 74" by doing a chorus of the following on the 73rd minute...
"Let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend we've scored a goal"
Everyone then goes nuts, and we start the party! 

That's exactly the way to go.  Sky will be looking for scenes of grown men blubbing, but everybody having a rare old time will be brilliant.  Chants like your one, and "Let's all go to Brentford!" etc will show them how Brummies take everything on the chin.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I was thinking that, how funny would it be if we actually won the game with a last minute goal. Stranger things have happened! 

What, than us winning?

Were they seen by reliable witnesses?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What, than us winning?

Were they seen by reliable witnesses?

Depends what you consider reliable but 2000-ish years ago some dude with a beard apparently turned water into wine..

The one thing I've heard consistently on the radio / tv over the last few dreadful months has been how great our support has been. This sounds like an epic way to bow out of the premier league. Daughter's birthday is keeping me away, but I hope it is an awesome party. 

We've nothing to lose anymore, unlike the toon. They can crack as many gags as they like or stick up any number of banners, but there'll only be one lot chewing their nails if the unthinkable does happen and we score.

Â