Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

A few of you have already come forward to help (thanks) but if anyone else who is attending the game on Saturday can have a beach ball off us and release it on the 74th minute please PM me or Dave.

Hopefully events over the coming months will mean this will be the last time we have to protest so lets make it really special by coming together and joining us on the march and then party time in the ground.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It was Saturday

Not sure what you meant by those quotes but let me say this:

I personally think it's better to stay away and show our disgust with our lack of attendance. BUT. We must all find our own way to protest and if I came across any other way then I genuinely apologise to all concerned. For what it's worth, I applaud anybody for protesting against this disaster of a board and I wish the organisers all the very best with it. 

We are all Villa and we are hurting equally. 

Again, I apologise for any offence.

UTV

Not sure what you meant by those quotes but let me say this:

I personally think it's better to stay away and show our disgust with our lack of attendance. BUT. We must all find our own way to protest and if I came across any other way then I genuinely apologise to all concerned. For what it's worth, I applaud anybody for protesting against this disaster of a board and I wish the organisers all the very best with it. 

We are all Villa and we are hurting equally. 

Again, I apologise for any offence.

UTV

I meant literally nothing by it apart from the quote in question was made on Saturday.

As it turned out it was attributed to the wrong person.

I literally expressed no opinion on your quote.

21 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Anyone who hasn't donated towards the costs of it, let's try and reach the target before the weekend, to thank all the organisers for their hard work by not leaving them too out of pocket, a few more fivers and tenners will do it: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG

Cheers mate. We are up to £910. Cheers to everyone who has chipped in. There is stil time if you haven't ;-)

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

A few of you have already come forward to help (thanks) but if anyone else who is attending the game on Saturday can have a beach ball off us and release it on the 74th minute please PM me or Dave.

Hopefully events over the coming months will mean this will be the last time we have to protest so lets make it really special by coming together and joining us on the march and then party time in the ground.

agreed but would be good if the positive protest if that the right word continues next season :) 

12 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I'd quite like our fans to sing to the Geordies that "they're going down with the Villa."

Pretty much stifles anything they can come up with.

I really hope we sing this loud. 

4 hours ago, villaluke said:

agreed but would be good if the positive protest if that the right word continues next season :) 

I would love nothing more than to go back to being your average (loud, obnoxious, egotistical) Villa fan again. Christ this has been a slog!

Worth every bloody second though...

Let's go smash another tomorrow. A rush and a push and the land that we march on is ours...

…We will be waiting, watching. Dormant but never too far away to strike…

‘This round of protests has in effect been a warning shot across the bow of the SS Randy Lerner. Should he fail in his remit to be a true custodian of this wonderful football club which fills our hearts we will return with renewed vigour. We will leave no stone unturned in our quest for a brighter future.

‘Together we are legion. Together we roar.

‘We are Prepared.

‘Aston Villa Protest Group.’

WTF is this shite? Did you have on your V for Vendetta mask when typing this up? :lol:

8 hours ago, villaluke said:

I would love nothing more than to go back to being your average (loud, obnoxious, egotistical) Villa fan again. Christ this has been a slog!

Worth every bloody second though...

Let's go smash another tomorrow. A rush and a push and the land that we march on is ours...

One last shout out for you to join us today. Even if you are not going to the game then come join us on the march at 2:15pm from the Holte Pub. I know already a few of you are going to do this.

This is hopefully the last time we will ever have to protest. I and the rest of the lads have no desire to protest next season and one of the reasons we have done it now is that what happens on the pitch has been irrelevant for some time so we couldn't have a detrimental impact on that. The hope was/is that by protesting now we could perhaps influence a much better future which meant there would not be the need to protest in the future.

In the ground today hopefully it is very much party time and celebrating us the supporters and showing the Premier League what they will be missing and any potential buyers that they will be getting a great football club with some fantastic supporters. If any of you want one of the beach balls from us to release on 74 minutes, or just a handful of balloons, then come see us by the Trinity Road gates adjacent the McGregor statue from 1:40pm or see us on the march.

Edited by markavfc40

Was just about to message you again Mark, still not sure exactly what time I'll be at the ground, or if I'll be there on time to be part of the march, but I'll keep an eye out around the Holte for anyone giving away, well, stuff.

Ofc DDID is very easy to identify anyway, his dog never leaves his side, so I'll have that to go by apart from what I expect will be literally tens of boxes of balloons and beach balls.

Looking forward to it, hope the preperation is going smoothly this morning, and the spectacle desired is acheived during the game.

• Like 1

I doubt there will be any sympathy from the barcodes today. They will probably just have a laugh at the expense of those protesting. Let's hope we have the last laugh after the game. 

Â