Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Booing the players isn't any sort of organised protest as far as I can tell.

To me the objective from the protests was to force Lerner to reconsider the asking price he wanted and force him to hurry up and sell the club a little bit quicker.

I know you can say relegation has accelerated those things which is fair enough but I'd consider the protests a success if we have new owners by the time the new season kicks off. 

OK so the intention of  the walk outs and paper aeroplanes is to get Randy to lower the asking price. It seems that I agree with the intended outcome, if not the method of getting there. Let's hope there is someone willing to buy the club lined up, or else any kind of protest would likely fall on deaf ears.

On 4/30/2016 at 19:21, One For The Road said:

Another day where people go and hand over money to Mr Lerner in order to protest. That'll teach him! 

Says a man who organises football away day trips. Why should we be forced away from our club? 

We have a website with masses of media for you to read regarding our agenda - http://www.astonvillaprotestgroup.co.uk/

We have a facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/avpg

A twitter page here - https://twitter.com/OTDO74

And a 142 page thread on VT. Hopefully these will explain what we are intending to achieve. 

We have reached the lowest point in our 142 year history. To sit on our hands at this moment is not an option for us, regardless of what you think we may or may not achieve, or perhaps already have achieved. At the very least we didn't let the club sink without fighting back and we'd much rather the abiding memory of Aston Villa's demise be the unity of it's supporters in the face of adversity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We have reached the lowest point in our 142 year history. 

Not to nitpick or anything but is that really true? Perhaps the worst in a lot of our lives, but the club nearly went bankrupt in 68 and we were in the third division in the early 70's. We've come back from worse and I'm sure we will again. UTV

Keep up the good fight. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Xela said:
  2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We have reached the lowest point in our 142 year history. 

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not to nitpick or anything but is that really true? Perhaps the worst in a lot of our lives, but the club nearly went bankrupt in 68 and we were in the third division in the early 70's. We've come back from worse and I'm sure we will again. UTV

Keep up the good fight. 

I think the thing is it can seem like that to those of us that haven't lived through even a relegation before. The worse I had been through before this was our last relegation. Prior to that and since I have only ever known us as a top flight club.

History tells us that we have been through worse although if we don't halt this decline we could be facing a similar plight to the late 60's/early 70's.

I 100% agree though that we will come back from this. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by markavfc40

6 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

So what's the planned protest for the Newcastle game then?

Plenty of info in this thread about it mate but as you have missed it then see here:

http://astonvillaprotestgroup.co.uk/press-releases

or the FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/avpg

Hope you can join us especially for the march from the Holte Pub at 2:15pm.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen newcastles banner? It is so lame 

The "glum in the brum" one? If so, yeah. That can't be the only one, can it? You'd they could just look through VT and nick some stuff - plenty of material!!

I had some vague hope that it'd be a bit of a relegation party and both sets of fans could come together for it. But the Geordies' insistence on trying to stay up is rather ruining it. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Whatever they come up with will never beat "Who's your next Messiah, Ant or Dec".  Believe it got quite a lot of media coverage at the time and will probably be referenced this weekend.

• Like 2

Guys is anyone who is attending the game on Saturday willing to help with what we have planned for the 74th minute? It is nothing strenuous or anything that will get you into trouble and will take up no more than a few seconds of your time on 74 minutes. If anyone can help then can you PM one of us and let us know. You will also get a scoop on what it is we have planned :)

Edited by markavfc40

Guys is anyone who is attending the game on Saturday willing to help with what we have planned for the 74th minute? It is nothing strenuous or anything that will get you into trouble and will take up no more than a few seconds of your time on 74 minutes. If anyone can help then can you PM one of us and let us know. You will also get a scoop on what it is we have planned [emoji4]

I dont get the whole point of keeping things secret, especially with 3 days to go.

On 02/05/2016 at 21:51, Xela said:

Keep up the good fight. 

The big difference between now and our relegation in the 70s is that now we have an owner that is a real clearing in the woods.According to the protest letter we were about to sell the club and he moved the goal posts.Yes we have come back from worse than this and yes other clubs have faced relegation BUt there with Lerner as our owner.Are we going to end up like West Ham,Norwich and Southampton OR are we going to end up like Preston,Huddersfield,Leeds or worse still like Luton or Carlisle ( both first division clubs once upon a time. 

We were going to keep it secret so as not to give the club too much of a heads up but I think a lot of people have guessed the kind of thing we will be doing anyway. We will be releasing 74 beach balls on 74 minutes around the ground and also 2.5k balloons.

This is in addition to the mass supporter march at 2:15pm from the Holte Pub down to the McGregor state/directors entrance. The march is the serious side of the protest. The beach ball side is hopefully just going to add to what many supporters will be doing by bringing inflatables and creating an atmosphere celebrating us the supporters and showing an act of defiance that as long as the supporters have breathe in our bodies this club has plenty of life left in it and will return. If the beach balls end up creating a bit of havoc then all the better [emoji4]

Fantastic idea mate, wish i was going now lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

We were going to keep it secret so as not to give the club too much of a heads up but I think a lot of people have guessed the kind of thing we will be doing anyway. We will be releasing 74 beach balls on 74 minutes around the ground and also 2.5k balloons.

This is in addition to the mass supporter march at 2:15pm from the Holte Pub down to the McGregor statue/directors entrance. The march is the serious side of the protest. The beach ball side is hopefully just going to add to what many supporters will be doing by bringing inflatables and creating an atmosphere celebrating us the supporters and showing an act of defiance that as long as the supporters have breathe in our bodies this club has plenty of life left in it and will return. If the beach balls end up creating a bit of havoc then all the better :)

Brilliant, wish I wasnt going Liverpool now for my mates stag!

Â