Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

4 hours ago, YGabbana said:
4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:
We were going to keep it secret so as not to give the club too much of a heads up but I think a lot of people have guessed the kind of thing we will be doing anyway. We will be releasing 74 beach balls on 74 minutes around the ground and also 2.5k balloons.

This is in addition to the mass supporter march at 2:15pm from the Holte Pub down to the McGregor state/directors entrance. The march is the serious side of the protest. The beach ball side is hopefully just going to add to what many supporters will be doing by bringing inflatables and creating an atmosphere celebrating us the supporters and showing an act of defiance that as long as the supporters have breathe in our bodies this club has plenty of life left in it and will return. If the beach balls end up creating a bit of havoc then all the better emoji4.png

Fantastic idea mate, wish i was going now lol

Even if you aren't going to the game come join us on the march at 2:15pm mate.

With regard to releasing the beach balls on 74 minutes we are going to need a little help with these from people who can give assurances they won't go too early with them and will resist temptation and wait until 74 minutes. If you can help us then please send one of us a PM.

25 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

We should have some banners saying "Glum in Brum?" Is that the best you can do? Ant could have done better.

Or even better.....
NUFC
We're not Glum, we just don't like you

Haha that ant one is actually brilliant hahaha please someone do that

• Like 2

The beach balls and balloons idea is excellent, and will make our last home game just how I had imagined it.

I'm gutted I can't be there. I'd have borrowed my dad's blowup doll for the occasion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

The beach balls and balloons idea is excellent, and will make our last home game just how I had imagined it.

I'm gutted I can't be there. I'd have borrowed my dad's blowup doll for the occasion.

"Your Dad's".... Erm right, ok ;)

• Like 4

I was really wanting to come down for this game, we just can't afford it at the moment though as I've got some big things to pay out this month. Gutted not to be there but I hope those that go have a brilliant time. It's not about the football it's about showing the world our class as fans, and showing the club they can't ignore us.

Good luck with the march and have fun smacking beach balls around! 

• Like 1

Even if you aren't going to the game come join us on the march at 2:15pm mate.

With regard to releasing the beach balls on 74 minutes we are going to need a little help with these from people who can give assurances they won't go too early with them and will resist temptation and wait until 74 minutes. If you can help us then please send one of us a PM.

I cant this weekend, have commitments in London. Gutted now though

Well now that the Foxes have sorted out top spot, surely MOTD will be focusing on the bottom of the EPO (sorry Premier League) and the beach balls and balloons should receive high profile from Walkers Boy before he puts his pants on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

We were going to keep it secret so as not to give the club too much of a heads up but I think a lot of people have guessed the kind of thing we will be doing anyway. We will be releasing 74 beach balls on 74 minutes around the ground and also 2.5k balloons.

Great idea. Will these be distributed before the match?

It will look/sound great with mass cheering at the same time.

#earthquakeon74

My first game in 3 years. Shame about the circumstances :(

Edited by Holtern8

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I was really wanting to come down for this game, we just can't afford it at the moment though as I've got some big things to pay out this month. Gutted not to be there but I hope those that go have a brilliant time. It's not about the football it's about showing the world our class as fans, and showing the club they can't ignore us.

Good luck with the march and have fun smacking beach balls around! 

So you agree with attending games (if you could afford it) and protesting now? That was a quick turnaround from your comment on Saturday:

It's Your Round said: 

Another day where people go and hand over money to Mr Lerner in order to protest. That'll teach him! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

7 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

So you agree with attending games (if you could afford it) and protesting now? That was a quick turnaround from your comment on Saturday:

It's Your Round said: 

Another day where people go and hand over money to Mr Lerner in order to protest. That'll teach him! 

Which Saturday was that Mike? Pretty sure that's not a recent comment. You've got a better memory than me. 

Anyway, this is the last home game in the top flight for God knows how long. I'd like to be there, it'll be fun. 

10 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

It's Your Round said: 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Which Saturday was that Mike? Pretty sure that's not a recent comment. You've got a better memory than me. 

Anyway, this is the last home game in the top flight for God knows how long. I'd like to be there, it'll be fun. 

It was Saturday

On 4/30/2016 at 19:21, One For The Road said:

Love the beach ball and balloon idea.

I said ages ago I'd love this game to be just party time. Like the game where Blues went down and we beat Liverpool. For the last half an hour nobody cared about the game. 

That's what this game should be like. **** the football, just have a good time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You're right it was Saturday. However it wasn't me that wrote it! Check the usernames again ;)

Ha! My apologies.

I took Mike's quote to be correct so just found the post that matched the words, rather than the username.

Sorry bud.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

You're right it was Saturday. However it wasn't me that wrote it! Check the usernames again ;)

Sincere and contrite apologies. I don't know what I was thinking of! 

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Sincere and contrite apologies. I don't know what I was thinking of! 

No worries, it's fine. 

I'm just glad I haven't got dementia just yet, it's not like me to say things and have no memory of it. 

Â