Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

9 minutes ago, sne said:

If Black continues with playing the team he has been I hope someone makes a banner like this (change "think of" to "play":

Might work as is - speaks to Villa's psychological abuse of supporters who have to watch them get mauled each week !

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Great stuff Mark, It couldn't have happened without you and the rest of the guys time, effort and previous financial contributions getting it to this stage of the public eye. 

See the tally has just hit £800 for the Newcastle game https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG if anyone can spare a £, $, or € please donate no matter how big or small every penny helps, One last push for the Newcastle game so lets go out on a bang. 

Remember any funds left over will go to Acorns charity so please get involved. 

Thanks again folks.

Cheers mate.

Can I just point out though that the total on the crowdfunding site isn't what is left to help fund the Newcastle game. We started collecting a couple of weeks before the Southampton game and some of the funds, £579, have been used to help fund that.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Cheers mate.

Can I just point out though that the total on the crowdfunding site isn't what is left to help fund the Newcastle game. We started collecting a couple of weeks before the Southampton game and some of the funds, £579, have been used to help fund that.

Mark. Do you have a target figure in mind for Newcastle i.e. do you know what you would like to do and what the shortfall is? 

The Newcastle game should be one big party but with an edge!! Do it a bit like Charlton with balls being thrown on the pitch but maybe as the players come out then just have a massive singalong supporting our club not the current gutless rocket polishers who play for it. I also think we should take as many fans as possible without ticket to Arsenal and just have a party. 10-15000 Villa fans just going to the ground would make massive headlines and show we are a big club and will be massive next season. 

The Newcastle game should be one big party but with an edge!! Do it a bit like Charlton with balls being thrown on the pitch but maybe as the players come out then just have a massive singalong supporting our club not the current gutless rocket polishers who play for it. I also think we should take as many fans as possible without ticket to Arsenal and just have a party. 10-15000 Villa fans just going to the ground would make massive headlines and show we are a big club and will be massive next season. 

As I remember Newcastle fans did that at VP when they were relegated, thousands of them outside the ground, always had a lot of respect for their fans for that

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Mark. Do you have a target figure in mind for Newcastle i.e. do you know what you would like to do and what the shortfall is? 

We are still discussing things but it will almost certainly involve inflatables and as suggested a more party theme. In terms of cost we set out to raise a thousand pound and that would cover the funding of the final two protests. We still believe that will be the case.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Balloons out on 74,lots of them. Easily sourced, cheap. Hand them out on again with great work from the volunteers still needs a slightly darker theme though. Would black balloons be too grim? 

Edit:- So black balloons mixed with claret and blue. So still a celebration of AVFC but tainted by 'black cloud'? 

Edited by supernova26

What about everyone turning their backs on the players on '74 all Man City's Poznan? But, instead of linking arms and bouncing (too many spaces for linking arms), everyone stand still holding up their banner (banner obviously facing the pitch) and singing "we want our Villa back" or "you're not fit to wear our shirt" etc. 

Failing doing it on '74, maybe all remaining fans at the end of the game could do it to the players? Perhaps the Newcastle fans would also join in against their own players if they are down by then? 

Edited by villarocker

Personally, I am tired of abusing players.  The players that have been targeted know how we feel now and whether we like not or not, we will be relying on some of them very soon. I also don't think the verbal abuse of players reflects well on the club as we get tagged 'boo' boys and toxic.  That won't help us when we want players to join and, lets be honest, it creates a shit atmosphere.  I'd much rather ignore the words removed and get behind the club to remind everyone that under normal circumstances VP is a great place to play.  I understand why some will want to throw more torrents of abuse at the last home game; not for me though, I want to get back to supporting.

Edit. I am making a general point about the continuous booing and abuse of certain players, not what has been suggested above.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Balloons out on 74,lots of them. Easily sourced, cheap. Hand them out on again with great work from the volunteers still needs a slightly darker theme though. Would black balloons be too grim? 

Edit:- So black balloons mixed with claret and blue. So still a celebration of AVFC but tainted by 'black cloud'? 

I think balloons is a good idea.  In addition, we could try to recreate what Argentina did during the World Cup final.  Look at 0:20. A sea of small pieces of ripped paper in the air  #You have ripped the club apart!  Very cheap

Edited by Gary Thomas

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 12:10, Kingman said:

Great stuff Mark, It couldn't have happened without you and the rest of the guys time, effort and previous financial contributions getting it to this stage of the public eye. 

See the tally has just hit £800 for the Newcastle game https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/AVPG if anyone can spare a £, $, or € please donate no matter how big or small every penny helps, One last push for the Newcastle game so lets go out on a bang. 

Remember any funds left over will go to Acorns charity so please get involved. 

Thanks again folks.

Just donated, plenty of time to smash past that target before the Newcastle game!

Keep up the great work, and thanks for all the efforts put in so far by the Protest Group and likeminded fans. It's well appreciated by myself and other ST holders, we do not have the choice to stay away, we are already committed financially, and most of us emotionally.

• Like 3

Dave / Mark as the two main people on this right now can I ask you to convince me of the importance / need / motivation for / reason for / goals of any protest?  I'm not dissing you or your efforts which have been passionate and I'm sure hard work to this point but from starting as a firm supporter of the protest (whichever form it takes)  I now find myself drifting towards a more "meh" stance.  maybe to do with the club,  the futility of it all,  the recent stark realisation of relegation, the utter shambles we are etc etc not sure which but I am now thinking there is no point.  Can you convince me otherwise?

26 minutes ago, Richard said:

Dave / Mark as the two main people on this right now can I ask you to convince me of the importance / need / motivation for / reason for / goals of any protest?  I'm not dissing you or your efforts which have been passionate and I'm sure hard work to this point but from starting as a firm supporter of the protest (whichever form it takes)  I now find myself drifting towards a more "meh" stance.  maybe to do with the club,  the futility of it all,  the recent stark realisation of relegation, the utter shambles we are etc etc not sure which but I am now thinking there is no point.  Can you convince me otherwise?

Beyond what has been said so far by us over the last few weeks I am not sure we can Richard.

What I can add is that I do believe we have had a positive impact. I do believe that we have played a part in Lerner making a statement however rambled that was.

On a very basic level I think it is important we as fans not only make our feelings known but back that up with clear requests for actions that we believe need to happen to take the club in an upwards direction. By backing these protests, and the requests for action that accompany them, you can do that.

I am sure you know what the requests are but I will detail them again. They are for Lerner to make a statement in regard to the sale of the club and to become a more motivated seller and ensure the club goes to someone with the means and where with all to take us forward. He somewhat addressed that in his statement last week. In addition we asked that for as long as he remains that he puts expertise on the board in terms of people with proven football nous and experience and in addition makes a further commitment to invest. We think both of those should help give us the best chance of employing a decent manager and then allow him the means and support to put a team on the pitch that can bring us relative success.

If these protests have done nothing else then they have certainly helped put the spot light very much on the owner as we have had really good publicity off the back of them. That we believe has certainly ramped up the pressure on him which has to be a good thing.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Beyond what has been said so far by us over the last few weeks I am not sure we can Richard.

Sadly I think you are probably right

Â