Keinan Davis

a-k

On 10/08/2019 at 20:12, Danishlad said:

Game was set up to bring Davis on at 65 mins. Mistake not having him on the bench today. Especially as Spurs took their def mid off, which would have create space for balls into Kienan. 

I agree , looks like he will get a chance to shine against Bournemouth with Kodjia being injured. Can't see Wesley lasting the full 90........Time to step up KD .

Id be tempted to start Davis v Everton  - his hold up play is comparable to Wesley - and he is better in the air - true he isn't great at sticking the ball in the net - but I think he is worth more than 5 minutes game time - 

• Like 1

Its time players need to learn there is no Automatic places.

Wes is a new lad to this league and we need to be patient.....but the realism that exists is......someone has to score goals and there are other players who need to have their chance.

Keinan needs to understand the realities of life.....do the business and you will end up a rich man, fail and you end up with an average job.

Him and Wes needs to show the physicality that suggests they mean business....a player half their size, who played for Villa,had an "eye of the tiger "that wanted to win every challenge and had a belief that he would score in every game.........they need to emulate him.

If they want success, they have to earn it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Id be tempted to start Davis v Everton  - his hold up play is comparable to Wesley - and he is better in the air - true he isn't great at sticking the ball in the net - but I think he is worth more than 5 minutes game time - 

Some may argue Wesley isn't great at sticking the ball in the net 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

worked hard, deserved his goal.

hopefully the goal will help him, as i think he sometimes doesnt turn and go for goal when he could, possibly a confidence thing, so hopefully a good performance with the goal will help him.

• Like 1

I was all for loaning him out to help him find that knack of finding the net to add to his impressive all round contribution. I actually think it may have been a wise decision to leave him with the squad though and let him learn off better players. He looked great tonight, albeit against lower opposition. However he excelled tonight in all aspects of his role. Solid 8 out of 10.

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Out of the whole squad, I think he's the one I *want* to succeed the most. 

I think he will.

I think in development speak, he will prove to be a latish starter.

I think this new regime will suit him and the buzz and confidence at BMH will reinvigorate him.

Keinan for me, gives me the impression that he responds very much to the atmosphere around him.....good or bad.....and dovetails in to it.

It would not surprise me to see a real player emerge from this young man.

• Like 3

remember when i first saw him in the championship in ....... was it 2016?, i saw him turn and dribble past a couple of defenders and i thought "who is this guy!", he looked really dangerous.

Weirdly i think he looks less agile and "dribbly" now (in 2019), but he has bulked out a LOT since i first saw him, so maybe by bulking out he lost a little agility and movement?, but ye....now he's like a man mountain, so pro's and con's suppose.

anyway, all a trade i suppose, thought he played well against Crewe and so happy he got a goal, hopefully that will give him confidence to kick on.

From what i have seen he has a well rounded game and all the attributes to be a great player, he doesnt get the goals his play deserves, possible a composure/confidence thing choosing to pass rather than turn for goal?, but sure performances and the goal at crewe will help settle him down and give him confidence to take more chances.

I agree with @HanoiVillan, i really would love to see Davis do well and develop in to a legitimate first team challenger, we should defo keep him as backup to Wesley imo, for me Kodjia is getting over the hill and the past (keep him as backup), we should be looking to develop players like Davis.

Edited by MaVilla

On 18/08/2019 at 20:01, hippo said:

The moment he gets a goal and confidence rises you wanna drop him? No way. I really like Davis. Top talent. But there's no way we should be dropping Wesley against Palace. 

• Like 2

Developing players like Davis is one of Dean and co’s strengths. At Brentford and Walsall they wouldn’t have had the cash to buy a second striker as cover, so they’d develop they’re own. It was a necessity back then, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a valuable attribute now.

It’s probably the reason we felt comfortable walking away from deals if we believed they were over priced. By the summer the coaches would have had a good idea of the strength of the youngsters and where they felt there was potential we could play hard ball in the market for some of those positions. Davis is probably an example of that. 

• Like 3

I think most people are in agreement that his strength,  hold up play, the bringing of other players into the game are all strong attributes to Keinan's game with the main concern being the lack of goals.

Well hopefully the one he scored last night will give him the confidence to perhaps back himself a little more and to get more goals which will be a great thing for Villa and put pressure on Wesley which is what it's all about - pressure for places.

• Like 1

Â