Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

To be fair, if he didnt want to join us in 2012 when we were a Premier League club, there's little chance he'd come now. 

I think he was much more in demand after having scored 45 goals in 66 matches between 2010-12.

He's no longer first choice at Wolfsburg, so maybe more open to a move.

• Like 1

Drogba was part of RDM's Champions League winning team wasn't he? :detect:

So in all seriousness, if there was an opportunity to sign Drogba, at the age of 38, would you take it? 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Drogba was part of RDM's Champions League winning team wasn't he? :detect:

Interesting. He also recommended Villa to Gana and told him that we were a good club to sign for.

Just seen that he's now 38 years old however, so maybe not up for a full season in the Championship.

Even a 38 year old Drogba would make every championship defence shit his pants. His game was never about pace. His physical presence alone could create space for other players.

i doubt we could rely on his fitness for a whole season though so a Bamford etc would still be needed. And we would still desperately need some pace .

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

This guy has so much class and footballing intelligence that even at 38 he is a lot better than most strikers in our PL. I could never understand why Chelsea let him go the first time but I could certainly understand why they got him back. His first goal in this clip where he just flattens the defender before turning to score is something we desperately need in our make up.