Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

15 minutes ago, mwj said:

"allegedly"

photo is from July but drogba would be interesting in as a player/coach to get his badges completed. He obviously has a relationship with RDM/Clarke already and perhaps we could be his step into a proper coaching/management role rather than perhaps heading back to chelsea where most of his old mates are no longer there

Like I said earlier, IF Drogba is the striker that Dr Xia is referring to, maybe the club see him as a one season target man to lead the line and give us that bit of physicality at the top end of the pitch that we all crave for. Surely the MLS cannot be that far off the standard of the Championship? FFS, if David Nugent can still get a game in the Championship the likes of Drogba can!

I have just noticed from his Wiki page that he scored 8 goals in 11 games for Shanghai Shenhua in 2012-2013. I wonder who the Doctor's favourite Chinese club is? Can someone ask him on twitter?

Edited by villarocker

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Drogba was part of RDM's Champions League winning team wasn't he? :detect:

So in all seriousness, if there was an opportunity to sign Drogba, at the age of 38, would you take it? 

If he's fit then yes. The man is a natural, one of the finest players to grace the Premier League and as I say if he's in good shape then I'm confident he would boss The Championship, even at 38. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

On the Balotelli tip, Donadoni has hinted interest and Lazio aren't denying interest.

Whilst being a mentalist, I think he needs to be a hero somewhere and be universally loved in order to play to his potential. Something he hasn't managed at the big clubs, a move down the leagues and him hitting form could have the desired end result. He had the ability to be truly great, it's whether he hasn't already wasted it and how arsed he would be to actually be arsed to be the hero at a smaller club. 

I'm not suggesting we should take the gamble by the way, I'd rather we used the money on younger more mentally stable talent. However, if, and it's a monumental if, the above situation clicked, it would be beyond awesome.

RDM - 'Yeah Tone, on second thoughts let's not sign Ravel Morrison. Way too much baggage.'

Tony - 'Okay, Balotelli it is then.'

Not a chance, and not just for the fact he's a nutcase. I know this is a speculation thread but seriously, what are some of you lot smoking?

• Like 2

If this fella (see below) could cut it in the PL at 40 I am sure Drogba will have a field day in the fizzy pop league!

Sheringham is currently the ninth-highest goalscorer in Premier League history with 147 goals, and is the competition's 19th-highest appearance maker. He holds the record as the oldest outfield player to appear in a Premier League match (40 years, 272 days) and the oldest player to score in a Premier League match (40 years, 268 days).

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just realised, that's from 2012!!! :D

LOL I remember the outcry when he turned us down from then 2012 saying "We was not a big club"

He is a good striker. Wanted him back then but not so much now. Not what we need at present

Edited by Villan4Life

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Drogba was part of RDM's Champions League winning team wasn't he? :detect:

So in all seriousness, if there was an opportunity to sign Drogba, at the age of 38, would you take it? 

Absolutely. Obviously his best years are behind him, but he would still terrify most defenders at this level. Another reason this could have legs is what seems to be a deliberate effort to recruit players with the "right attitude". Drogba, by all accounts is a great professional, (as you say, RDM will know all about that) which is why i think he is still going strong 38. 

I think signing someone like Drogba could be a stroke of genius. 

how many saying that Drogba is worth a shot were saying that it was ludicrous for Stan to earn a spot solely on merit, at his age?

(two different players, two different positions, etc. etc. I know.  But Stan's age was IIRC frequently given as the reason it was never gonna happen.)

Just now, srsmithusa said:

how many saying that Drogba is worth a shot were saying that it was ludicrous for Stan to earn a spot solely on merit, at his age?

(two different players, two different positions, etc. etc. I know.  But Stan's age was IIRC frequently given as the reason it was never gonna happen.)

I think it was the age coupled with 4 years out of the game.  Drogba has played pretty much continually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

We need a goalscorer and, as much as I like Petrov, Drogba is in a whole different class.

Just now, srsmithusa said:

I think was it more to do with the fact that he hadn't played for a number of years, after recovering from a life threatening illness. 

With all due respect, i think its a silly comparison. 

1 minute ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Is there any real evidence or links with Drogba? or is it just an assumption based on a few facts, eg playing under RDM, and a "world class striker"

The latter i think mate. 

Is there any real evidence or links with Drogba? or is it just an assumption based on a few facts, eg playing under RDM, and a "world class striker"

There's no evidence or links with anyone.  Welcome to speculating.

• Like 1

Not sure but an ex footballer i know and a massive Villa fan told people on facebook forum to put your money on Drogba as he had heard info.

I mentioned it on here last night. Whether any truth in it is another matter.