Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Really want a leader that is physically and mentally strong in the middle of the field. Then the defenders have confidence that the midfield can hold their own and the attack has the confidence to push up and through.

There is one player that fits the bill perfectly: Jedinak.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would I be right in saying its too late for any signings today to feature tomorrow?

12pm is the cut off time today I think. Wouldnt expect any new player to start tomorriw anyway though.

So RDM has confirmed our interested in Jedinak and Chester, with the latter seemingly slightly further down the line. Would have been nice to get some new players in before tomorrow but if we need Chester and/or Jedinak to beat Rotherham our piss-poor squad is even worse than I gave it credit for.

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Xia has said that more patience is needed for the midfield target. They are trying to get it done before Saturday but seems they are hopeful.

where did RDM say about Jedinak?

DI MATTEO WANTS JEDINAK

Aston Villa manager Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed to the written media his interest in Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak,

The Italian confirmed the Sky Bet Championship club had made contact with Palace over the Australian but stopped short of giving more details on the potential deal.

Villa are looking to strengthen midfield following Idrissa Gueye’s departure to Everton.

From here: http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So RDM has confirmed our interested in Jedinak and Chester, with the latter seemingly slightly further down the line. Would have been nice to get some new players in before tomorrow but if we need Chester and/or Jedinak to beat Rotherham our piss-poor squad is even worse than I gave it credit for.

He's confirmed we're publicly after Jedinak....good good?

Can't see Palace wanting that much for him...3/4m will get it done I reckon. Of course the player needs to want to move here.

Happy with the gossip and rumours about new players and additions to the squad, but the one I really want to join is Morrison as he adds something that we are missing. Any news on him? I cant find anything about him being closer to signing or that he has second thoughts...

Publicly declaring interest. There must have been some discussions already if he is doing that. RDM usually plays his cards quite close regarding transfers. At least that's the impression that I get.