Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's a classy player, easily good enough for the Premier League. Just needs to get settled somewhere!

You confuse me bobzy. 

You're unconvinced about Chester who has proven more in the PL than bamford and I would say they're about even with regards to the championship then you rate bamford. 

At least be consistent!

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Can you explain how you got to that view? We lost narrowly to a team who will be pushing for promotion away from home with a new team and manager. We are buying players to improve that team. Our latest 2 signings have both been involved in promotion teams actually 3/6 have overall. This division isn't good whilst I'll agree we were beyond awful for an hour at Luton we are more than a match for virtually anyone in this league. We can be crap until Xmas and still make the playoffs that's how wide open this league is. If you have a manager that knows how to gel players it's not a problem look at Watford last year. Get quality in like we have and they'll gel and we'll be fine. 

There is no gurantee players will gel right away, our defence is still abysmal, we have no central midfiled to speak of and we lack any creativity at all. We still need a massive overhaul and I don't think we will get all the signings we need in time

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Yea, i think signing him can be a new micha richards.

Difference with Ravel is that he is young, has bags of talent and his legs haven't gone. Richards is basically shot to shit after too many injuries over his career

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You confuse me bobzy. 

You're unconvinced about Chester who has proven more in the PL than bamford and I would say they're about even with regards to the championship then you rate bamford. 

At least be consistent!

What LOL

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Morrison has now added a few Villa fan sites to his twitter following.  He really is **** with us isn't he?! :o :D

Wouldn't surprise me if he was a lurker here to be honest. 

Edited by rodders0223

29 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Are there any actual links to Ravel, other than his following of all things Villa on social media?

Not sure about media links, but a couple of respected posters on here have both alluded to dialogue between ourselves and Morrison. 

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Difference with Ravel is that he is young, has bags of talent and his legs haven't gone. Richards is basically shot to shit after too many injuries over his career

And hopefully Ravel would see Villa as a chance to prove a point / rescue his career as far as English football is concerned. 

Ill take an eccentric talented young man trying to rehabilitate his career over a few of the toxic delusional jackasses in our squad any day

Bamfords all about how good a deal we can get, 1 good season in the championship, had a bad year last year...can't let Chelsea mug us off, don't believe the £3m Wigan were bidding, I'd expect Chelsea to want nearer to £10m and based on last year he's not worth it

loan with a £6-8m buy out in it for me

I've started to warm to the prospect of signing Ravel, mostly due to our midfield still being devoid of talent, skill, presence and grit.

For me thou it hinges on us first getting rid of the potentially disruptive elements in Gabby and Richards (Bacuna). Willing to give Grealish one last final chance to prove he can act like a grown up.

Ravel and Jedi Nak ought to complement each other, I think? Not seen enough of any of them to be honest...

But we must sign a RB at any cost!!!

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Bamford would be an absolutely unreal signing.

I would't be in a rush to sign him personally, we need 2/3 midfielders and a right back first of all and then a wide player.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

But we must sign a RB at any cost!!!

Most important signing for me. Add a decent RB to Chester - Elphick - Amavi, and for the first times in 6/7yrs I'll be be quite happy with our back 4. 

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

I would't be in a rush to sign him personally, we need 2/3 midfielders and a right back first of all and then a wide player.

I really don't think they have to do these things one at a time but I agree we need all these players. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1