Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ray Parlour on SSN this morning when asked about Jedinak for Villa: 

(paraphrased a little) "he'd be good, Ayew needs support up top"

Cheers Ray.

Because Jedinak doesn't play for Arsenal Parlour has no idea who he actually is.

My concern with signings like Chester and Jedinak is they are players that may get you up, but not good enough to keep you in premier league. I hope these are short term signings to help with promotion as I think we would come straight back down if we have to rely on them next season should we get to where we belong. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

My concern with signings like Chester and Jedinak is they are players that may get you up, but not good enough to keep you in premier league. I hope these are short term signings to help with promotion as I think we would come straight back down if we have to rely on them next season should we get to where we belong. 

Definitely something worth worrying about before we've been promoted.

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I would worry about that when they get us up.  What we have now cant even manage that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dude, worry about that if we get there. At the moment we're more likely to be heading the other way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Agreed, although I think at jedinak s age, he will be short term. What I like to think is that these players are short term: get us promoted this year and then next years squad players when we sign bigger and better players next summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I would worry about that when they get us up.  What we have now cant even manage that

Valid point, just hope this doesnt implode spectacularly where we dont go up and we are stick with average players on long term deals  

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Players signed for first team now can be back up if we get promoted? I share your concern dem but I am rapidly on the side of we need signings now as what we have has got to go

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Apparently we're close on a loan deal for Bamford.

Does anyone know where he plays? Is it out and out striker? Just trying to figure out where he fits in! 

where's that come from bud?  Would be great.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I imagine the good doctor is prepared to spend spend spend once we have acces to the TV money

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Apparently we're close on a loan deal for Bamford.

Does anyone know where he plays? Is it out and out striker? Just trying to figure out where he fits in! 

This would be great news. Bin off Gestede, Kozak and Agbonlahor and bring in Bamford plus either Hernandez or Wells to join McCormack and Ayew and we'd have a very strong front line.

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This would be great news. Bin off Gestede, Kozak and Agbonlahor and bring in Bamford plus either Hernandez or Wells to join McCormack and Ayew and we'd have a very strong front line.

All good having a very strong front line but midfield needs work, would much rather Jedinak signs first over Bamford imo.