Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

My main concern is that we look like getting relegated again, players like Jedniak and Chester can keep us in this division. We are not going up this year, too many personnell changes need to be made. We need to stay up this year and look at promotion next year

This. 

Some people expect success overnight.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even in the state we are now, there's no way we're going down.

The new signings will push us from mid table obscurity to the upper reaches IMO.

Agreed. We played quite well against one of the leagues best sides. The Luton game involved a few players at the back who likely won't be seen again. This is without McCormack being up to speed, our backup goalie, our left back having his first game in 10 months, etc.

• Like 4

On De Laet

'He's not the best player in the world'

Please ignore that at all costs and get him signed.

Will help to get us out of this division like a De Laet out of hell.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Really want De Laet. Main reason that i wont have to watch Hutton or Richards again. He is quick and good attacking fullback. Defensively a bit suspect.. with Amavi like that as well. I do wonder if a back 3 is the answer. However, he won promotion with two different teams in two years.. so he cant be all that bad!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Really want De Laet. Main reason that i wont have to watch Hutton or Richards again. He is quick and good attacking fullback. Defensively a bit suspect.. with Amavi like that as well. I do wonder if a back 3 is the answer. However, he won promotion with two different teams in two years.. so he cant be all that bad!

Would still love Trippier, even on loan.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't rate De Laet. I have been hoping this one is false. 

I just think he's proper meh and has a clanger in him. I notice Boro didn't try to sign him. 

Yeah but, Micah Richards.

40 minutes ago, KSV said:

I have been wondering about a back 3 as well. We have to stop getting outnumbered at the back when our full backs go forward.

bamfords coming on loan apparently 

just click it

Aston Villa close to sealing deal for Premier League striker

ASTON VILLA are reportedly closing in on a loan deal for Patrick Bamford.

The 23-year-old is out of favour at Chelsea and looks set to drop back into the Championship after disappointing loan spells at Crystal Palace and Norwich last season.

Bleacher Report journalist Dean Jones tweeted: "I'm told Aston Villa are close to agreeing a loan deal for Patrick Bamford."

Roberto Di Matteo is looking to strengthen his attack with just new signing Ross McCormack, Jordan Ayew, Rudy Gestede and Libor Kozak at his disposal.

Bamford does not figure in Antonio Conte's plans at Stamford Bridge and has also reportedly attracted interest from Celtic, Fulham, Wolves and QPR.

GETTY

DEAL IMMINENT: Patrick Bamford is close to joining Aston Villa on loan

He is yet to make a senior appearance for Chelsea following his move from Nottingham Forest in 2011.

But he proved himself at Championship level during a loan spell with Middlesbrough and was named the league's player of the year in 2015.

• Like 1