Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I feel like all our midfielders would benefit from stronger players around them.

Seeing either Tish or Westwood in a three man midfield with someone like Jedinak and a solid box-to-box midfielder would do them a world of good I think. 

I know we all want to see this squad incinerated and a new squad replace them, but it will take time. I'd rather we get rid of an excess defender - of which we have a few - than ship out Westwood.  Westwood can be a very solid midfield back-up for the championship. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Richard said:

For me he's part of the poison. At this point there is not a player from last year I'd be desperately sad to see go

Cannot agree more.  The more rot that is removed the better for me.  You don't have to be just labelled a troublemaker or shite, but that losing mentality is rife throughout the squad.  Losing last might actually be a blessing in disguise as at least RDM and his team now know what we all have known for a couple of years.  He probably naively thought that he could change the mindset of some of these guys with his positivity, but hopefully he now knows that it is a lost cause too.  Blank canvas of me and start again, Jedinak, Chester, Morrison and one or two others would be good.    

• Like 2

There is now only really Ayew, Traore, Amavi and Grealish left from last season's squad (not including youth players like Green of RHM) that you could really have any interest in as players for us and all three have various issues/question marks around them. Gestede lives on the fact 'he was good at this level' which could wear thin quickly. 

I would have liked to have kept Gil and Vertout just to see if with RDM and better players around them they could do any better but it wasn't to be. Not sad to see Gueye, Clark or Sanchez go at all.

Coming back from loan Baker is the only player who stands a chance of having a role to play, might be good to see if Bennett could get another chance but i imagine he will probably get flogged on transfer deadline day once we've signed everyone we need.

That is literally only 5 or 6 players plus the 4 new signings (so far).

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we should try clone Bacuna, Richards and Hutton to make the perfect right back

I know you're not being totally serious but that would even come close to a perfect RB. Those 3 together would probably just about make a half decent Championship defender.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hardoncunt?

I am fully aware that this does not work, on many levels. 

Thanks DDID just made me spurt me cup of tea over the table! that made me lol and the Mrs thinks I'm weird for doing that! She knows me so well! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hardoncunt?

I am fully aware that this does not work, on many levels. 

That's the kind of comment that makes you laugh enough for your missus to take interest and you end up saying "oh, it's nothing".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Absolutely no idea why people are suddenly raving about Mile Jedinak.

He just isn't very good at all. 

Be that as it may, but he's not plagued by a long running losing mentality. This is in and of itself important right now. He'll do a job.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Absolutely no idea why people are suddenly raving about Mile Jedinak.

He just isn't very good at all. 

he is better than what we have but in possession he really isnt all that to change our entire midfield around

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

Be that as it may, but he's not plagued by a long running losing mentality. This is in and of itself important right now. He'll do a job.

crystal palace have won 2 games in last 20 league games

slight improvement ;)

• Like 2