Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Not sure about Jedinak to be honest, I think there are much better players out there to buy. He would still walk into our midfield though as it's possibly the worst midfield in the championship at the moment. Having said that we should still be aiming for better players than Jedinak

Is he not on a free?

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Is he not on a free?

Free or not it would still be an uninspiring signing, which seems to pretty much sum up all of our business so far

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Free or not it would still be an uninspiring signing, which seems to pretty much sum up all of our business so far

Id jump at taking him.  Hes a dirty oul brute, something you need in the championship.

So who do we make club captain?

Elphick who was captain of Bournemouth?

McCormack who was captain of Fulham?

or....

Jedinak who was captain of Crystal Palace?

Okay, let's forget the third option for now... 

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

Out of interest, what would be an inspiring signing for you, bearing in mind that we are a championship club?

8 hours ago, KHV said:

I am not sure what you expect mate really.

We are a club that got relegated but that doesn't tell half the story. We got relegated on 17 points after half a dozen years of decline and struggle. We are seen as very much damaged goods and it will take time to rebuild. No club is going to attract big names or outstanding youngsters in the Championship. They will ply their trade a division higher.

What we need to do is try to sign the best of the rest and players with either proven track records or with some real potential but perhaps not enough to attract the Prem clubs. In Elphick we have already secured the former. In Tshibola and Gollini the latter. If we could now bring in McCormack and Jedinak they will be two more in the Elphick mould of being quality players for this level with no shortage of nous and experience.

A number of our signings may well not be good enough to play week in week out in the Prem but if we do add Jedinak and McCormack, alongside Elphick, players of that ilk are comfortably good enough to get us there.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Jedinak, McNair and McCormack would be solid, solid buys for a team in our position. I would feel much more assured with them arriving than NUFC would with Clark arriving.

Would love to see Kodija arrive too, but suspect him not coming is why we have turned to McCormack.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

By the way @Deisler123 really glad to have you on board! The last 5 years or so have been hell, I'm hoping you are a good luck charm and that you only ever get to see Villa in the light she deserves to be viewed under. 

Agreed - great insight at the time of the take over and the good feeling associated with a new poster take me back to ryuyokoi when we signed Angel.

( that could have been H&V i forget..)

1 minute ago, RaptureJames said:

Agreed - great insight at the time of the take over and the good feeling associated with a new poster take me back to ryuyokoi when we signed Angel.

( that could have been H&V i forget..)

that was here , but that's a heck of a long time ago for someone with 9 posts :detect:

• Like 1

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/03/por-villa-plan-late-move-for-newcastle-target-diame/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Aston Villa are planning an eleventh hour bid to hijack Newcastle United's move for Hull City midfielder Mohamed Diame, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Aiden McGeady not given a squad number at everton...

I can't remember who, but I'm sure there was someone on here who absolutely hates McGeady and they're raging everytime we get linked.