Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So, assuming McCormack signs what do we still need? For me in an ideal world its the following.

New starting CB 

New RB

Creative midfielder

On top of that if we can shift any of the dead weights and replace that would be ideal.

I still think we might look to bring in another striker as well but that's just a hunch. 

In this order:

1. Creative midfielder
2. Defensive midfielder to play alongside Tishbola
3. If we're not going with Adama then another creative/wide midfielder
4. RB
5. CB
6. Another striker

4 already in another 6 to go and keep Grealish, Amarvi, Aywe and Adama.

I'd be more than happy never to hear any others mentioned again-Certainly not as Villa players.

Realistically, Bacuna looks to be staying so I suppose I will have to live with that.

I love that Jedinak is purely linked to Villa at the moment because of the fans, not one mention of Villa being interested in the media.

I for one think he would be fantastic in our midfield and would be a player we have been crying out for for years! If we do sign him it would show that the club are in fact listening to the fans. Type in his name on Twitter right now and everyone talking about him are Villa fans!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

In this order:

1. Creative midfielder
2. Defensive midfielder to play alongside Tishbola
3. If we're not going with Adama then another creative/wide midfielder
4. RB
5. CB
6. Another striker

4 already in another 6 to go and keep Grealish, Amarvi, Aywe and Adama.

I'd be more than happy never to hear any others mentioned again-Certainly not as Villa players.

Realistically, Bacuna looks to be staying so I suppose I will have to live with that.

So you'd be happy with us having 2 centre backs, 1 left back, 1 right back and 3 midfielders in the squad or am I reading that wrong? ...

still curious to know whether Richards and Lescott have a future with us, RDM did say Gabby would get a chance so it seems odd that those two wouldn't also.

at the moment we def need a midfielder as a central midfield pair of one of Gardner, Tish and Westwood, is pretty suspect. I don't think Tish is the finished article although he looks good and I feel that Westwood and Gardener are very similar types of player - except Gardener can take set pieces.

Edited by VillanousOne

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Alan Nixon is reporting we have identified a replacement for that fella who went to Everton... 

No idea who but good that we are moving quickly.

That's sooooooooo 2 or 3 pages ago ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No, just business sense.

Business sense is buying what's required to get back to the big time.  Avoiding the most prolific striker in this league over the past few years because of a few million quid, in my mind would be the exact opposite of business sense.

• Like 3

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

Jedinak pass completion % the last 3 seasons with Palace - 71.6%, 66.6%, 71.9%

Carlos Sanchez's two seasons with us, for comparison - 80.6%, 83.1%

Passing the ball 2yds doesn't count.

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

Jedinak pass completion % the last 3 seasons with Palace - 71.6%, 66.6%, 71.9%

Carlos Sanchez's two seasons with us, for comparison - 80.6%, 83.1%

I think when people say that they want an ugly tough bastard of a cm, what they really want is Pogba or the like. Allowances need to be made. 

'Championships experience' is always mentioned when talking about potential transfers recently. 

Apart from those obvious, like number of matches, quality of games etc, can anyone explain to me what 'championships experience' really is? 

Like being tough both mentally and physically? or something else? 

PS: I only watched a few play-offs before from division 2 so have no idea what kind of games I could expect.:P

Edited by Deisler123